PDA

View Full Version : Sore Jaw!!

kittykat
30-05-10, 11:24
Got up this morning and felt like i had a bit of a sore throat and ear starting on the left side.....so after all the usual poking n prodding i was eating some cereal and when i move my jaw side to side its quite sore left side and when i press down on my back teeth left side they feel really sore as well , any ideas what this could be as ive not had this before and as all you HA sufferers know any un-explained symptoms really can scare us and i have a big cancer fear so im thinking its something along those lines starting :( x

kittykat
30-05-10, 13:00
Does anyone have any thoughts on this x

qualia
30-05-10, 13:41
I have jaw pain which seems to coincide with ear pain and pressure in my head. Had all kinds of explanations for it. Grinding my teeth, ear infection etc etc... Im interested to know others opinion of this, but it's probably just tmj x

mumble
30-05-10, 13:45
I have had something that sounds similar to this - turns out it is TMJ. When I get very anxious/stressed - my jaw clenches like crazy, and as a result, for a day or two it is very sore.

kittykat
30-05-10, 14:26
Thanks for the replys just that its very sore especially the back left teeth when i bite down on them and ive never had this before x and because you look okay nobody is understanding how sore it is !!!

sjr1969
30-05-10, 20:07
i had this too the other day. i think we clench our jaw with anxiety at times without realising and im sure this must contribute to it.
sarah x

rambler
30-05-10, 21:00
I grind my teeth and clench my jaw constantly. I have tried everything to try and stop myself from doing it (I'm even doing it as I type this) I think it's party down to my medication and partly down to the anxiety as I'm quite a shaker too. I've mentioned the teeth grinding to my Doc but she doesn't seem to say much about it. The rate at I'm going I'll be down to my gums by the end of the year!

benjamin222
01-06-10, 10:42
My jaw is awful right now. If your anxious, you probably also clench your jaw, whether you're aware of it or not. I didn't realize I was doing it for a while as well. It's nothing to stress over!