PDA

View Full Version : james a very lonely man

lonelyjames
30-05-10, 12:24
hi my name is james im 31 and live with my partner antony.
i have suffered from anxiety and depression for most of my adult life, but since breaking my back 3 years ago and being left with chronic spinal conditions i rarely leave the house. my agorophobia is back big time. i have daily pain for which i take morphine plus other meds. my diagnosis is a wheelchair at some point in my life as i will lose all mobility. with anthony working to keep us both i spend a lot of time on my own, with only my own thoughts and a vision of the future that fills me with dread. the lonliness is the worst. im hoping i can find and offer support to others and make friends, i dont really know what else to say but if you would like to feel free to make contact x james

nomorepanic
30-05-10, 12:28
Hi lonelyjames

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Jannie2948
30-05-10, 13:30
Hi James
Sorry you are having such a bad time of it, but you will get lots of support and help from this site. I have only been a member for a few months but have found it so helpful. I suffer with anxiety/panic but hopefully am coming out the other side of it now on meds. I can't imagine what pain you must be in on a daily basis. I had a spinal fusion when my youngest son (James) was 1 year old, had back ache for many years until they found out I had been born with a piece of spine missing. They used bone off of my pelvis to pack round my spine and then was in a plaster cast for about 6 months. My only problem now is arthritis but that I can live with. Did you break your back in an accident? You will definitely get lots of help here, and I find it so helpful when I'm having a bad day there is always someone here to cheer you up.

I wish you all the best and hope you enjoy NMP.

Jannie x x

margaret jones
30-05-10, 13:36
Hi James like Jannie says we are all here to help /advice and listen to each other , I have found it a life line at times Agrophobia is my Nemisis at the moment but i keep pushing myself and i am getting better thanks to support from NMP friends

Take Care Maggie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

marie1974
30-05-10, 17:13
Hi James and welcome to nmp, well i am sure you will find lots of great advice and support here, and also makes some lovely friends like i have, hugs xxx

Vanilla Sky
30-05-10, 19:50
Welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

SharonDerby
30-05-10, 23:09
Hi James
It's lovely to know you :) i hope we cam all offer some help and support to you, there is always someone here who knows how you feel maybe that will help you feel less alone.
Have a good look at all the stories, play some of the games, pop into the chat room you will make lots of new friends here i'm sure.

Best wishes
Sharon :)