PDA

View Full Version : ok....maybe

linworth
30-05-10, 13:20
Hi,

as you wil see from previous post i had a panic attack out of the blue 5 weeks ago after being well for 5 years, anyway after the initial heightenend anxiety that it had all come back and i wouldnt be able to cope with anything and my life was ruined, (when i was calm i realised this wasnt true) things are picking up, gone from not sleeping to being able to get to sleep, had my first lie in this morning, usually up at 6 ! appietite slowly coming back, realise i CAN cope with things and the dreaded depression is not on its way back, not having panics everytime i go to do something i usually found normal, shopping, gym, housework, No tears at work, etc... i still am quite anxious about the day ahead, just something tapping at the back of my mind, "will it come back, will everything be horrible again" i cant relax in my own company, i feel all my confidence in myself has been shot. When will i feel comfortable with myself again and relax back into daily life and when will this underlying fear go? that something terrible has happened. I have started counselling, and gp recommended i double my dose of sertraline to get me through, been on 50mg for five years. i havent double, do i need to am i working this out myself? is it just a blip. Lots and questions Sorry lol, just looking for reassurance again !!! thanks lynne

Bill
31-05-10, 01:49
i cant relax in my own company, i feel all my confidence in myself has been shot. When will i feel comfortable with myself again and relax back into daily life and when will this underlying fear go?

When the underlying stresses have been resolved and you're feeling more content and happier wth life. Be patient. It just takes time for confidence to be re-built, to come to terms with the past and for plans for the future to come to fruition to ease current stresses. Try not to worry as you'll add more stress. Things will come good. Just let time, patience and plans sort them.:hugs: