PDA

View Full Version : Please reply

kaijo
30-05-10, 13:41
Hi, I am just a bit worried about a chest pain i have ( i have them all the time in my chest but normally round my breast area) this one is just under my sternum, I have had it on and off since last night so im trying to tell myself its not a heart attack or i would have had one by now. But it is worrying me , I dont have the best posture so am trying to sit up straight to see if that helps. Please someone reply and reasure me im ok

Jo xxx

margaret jones
30-05-10, 13:47
Hi Jo could it be trapped wind ?? or indegestion ?? try taking some med Gaviscon or Rennie ? Re the heart attack worry i am sure if it was a heart attack it would have happened by now , but i am just the same chest pain = heart attack this being the case i must have had i nearly every day .

Sorry to be flippant but this H A is a Demon
Take Care Maggie

kaijo
30-05-10, 13:49
Hi Maggie , I have a bottle of Gaviscon with me and have had some but its not helping hence the reason im a worrying about it. I mean I would worry about it anyway lol.

Oh well just have to wait and see if it goes but it is annoying me as I am working a 15 hour shift today so cant even go and have a lay down :(

Jo xx

margaret jones
30-05-10, 13:52
Poor you hope you feel better soon 15 hrs wow i would be shattered that seems a long day , what do you do ??

Maggie

KK77
30-05-10, 13:54
It sounds more like muscular pain to me Jo. A heart attack would generally involve very intense pain but all chest pains should be checked out by a doctor, just to put your mind at rest.

If it hurts when you press on the area involved it's more likely to be a muscular problem which is very common with anxiety or even indigestion, but as I said if it continues have it checked out.

kaijo
30-05-10, 13:57
I work in a taxi office Maggie, so trying to keep my mind busy on other things but quite hard to do lol. Thanks Melancholia surly if it was a heart attack i would have had it by now, my doctor always says to me "joanne, your 25 yea you overweight but not not like 30st , you are to young to have a heart attack" he's right isnt he xxx

KK77
30-05-10, 14:02
I agree: 25 years old is very young to have a heart attack! Perhaps there's more chance you winning the lottery. I hope you'll think of me if you win the millions lol

kaijo
30-05-10, 14:11
I so will hehe, Ill tell you why im worried about having a heart attack.

My cousins best friend got a scholarship in New york she was fit and healthy, one day walking to Uni (Aged 25) dropped dead in the street of sudden adult death syndrome. Ever since then I have worried about it happening to em , and because im now 25 I think it plays on my mind more than normal xx

margaret jones
30-05-10, 14:32
Well that is a normal worry but how many people do you no who are 25 and over and that has not happened to them , We are a load of worry warts use HA suffers if there was a qualification for worrying i bet we would have a Distinction

Take Care Maggie