PDA

View Full Version : Day to day...

heavymind
07-02-06, 10:49
Even if I practise relaxation and breething, it appears as though, for me, if the day started with relaxed mind, the probability that by evening I am not extremely bad is much higher compared to if there is some anxiety in the start of the day. If there is some anxiety start of day, then by evening it seems to cause miseries.

If there is some anxiety provoking incidence in the morning, then repeated relaxation allthrough out the day only helps to an average extent. Trying to relax on a daily basis is quite boring and difficult. Is it not possible to have may be an entire week of obsolutely no anxiety, inspite of doing all the stressful activiteis, some of which could be anxity stimulus as well?..

Is anxiety a life long problem, can the quality of life miraculously improve after some day, afterwhich there shouldnt be any, whatsoever extreme anxiety days, which cause lack of concentration and derealization and continuous worry or (a better word) effort to come out of something??

I know music heals me, but I can not play music in the afternoon, just after lunch, I can only play in the morning and evening, but my afternoons seem miserable at times...

Lemme know...

Ram

henri
07-02-06, 20:53
Hi Ram,
I recently read somewhere that anxiety is for life, in the sense that everyone suffers from it, but most people are able to deal with it and control it so that it doesn't affect them in a negative way. So the key for people like you and me is to find a way of dealing with it so that it doesn't get out of control.
Recently, I started experiencing as many as six or seven consecutive days without feeling any panic or anxiety whatsoever. But it's come back now.
I managed to deal with it a bit using CBT and by reading a lot of books about anxiety and why it's all in your head and how you can go about rationalising it.
if you keep practising your relaxation and breathing techniques, i think things will slowly get better for you.
henri

sal
08-02-06, 00:08
Totally understand how you feel. It is horrible wakin up and feeling okay and then it slips. I struggle with that to but like you persevere

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

andrewjdavid2005
08-02-06, 01:53
In my situation i feel bad when waking up in the morning, feel alittle better as the day goes on then as it gets to late afternoon/evening i start feeling weird.

I have never had a break from my symptoms in almost 2 years, i feel tired and worn out all the time it's like i sleep 8-10 hours anight for nothing because i never feel refreshed in the morning etc and get plenty of symptoms i sometimes think to myself that i will feel like this for the rest of my life, i hope not because i don't think i could cope with it that long.

heavymind
08-02-06, 03:48
Thanks all for the replies, it does help to know we are not alone. Yesterday evening I became alright again after going back home. Started cooking dinner and since I love cooking, the process of making making the food helped me get out of derealisation pretty well. Indian cooking in quite involved in the sence that the number of spices and the number of ways in which they are added to the food is quite large. So its mostly around 1:15hours of effort, buts certainly worth it. This morning has started great and I can sence that the entire day is going to be great.

Thanks,

Ram