PDA

View Full Version : Blip again

shorty1969
30-05-10, 22:05
Hi all ! Ive had anx for nine years now , at the start i couldnt go out for months , even when i did i was a nervous wreck , i eventualy got my life back together as best i could , ive relapsed before but not to the way it was at the start as i know whats happening now , recently it has came back to haunt me again , panic ,struggling to drive anywhere , avoiding family and friends , palpitations , shaking,going into a shop is a nightmare ,, anybody else go through stages like this ? .. ive coped pretty well with it when its kinda moderate and get on with life , its hard to believe i was in las vegas five months ago , now im finding it hard to drive to the end of my street ..:shrug:.. my cpn wants to put me on medication , but ive never liked taking anything for it , only diazepam , even that isnt easing it much just now .

PokerFace
01-06-10, 03:11
Hey shorty

I've had general anxiety for a while looking back on it but only REALLY bad anxiety for around 3 months. I keep going up and down too! It's never been quite as bad as when it all first started for me but I do have definate dark days! Just remember we've been there, done that got the T-shirt and now we know we can get out of the cycle and live a normal life. We're bound to have little relapses but we're strong enough to get through them. Last week for me was awful, I had chest pains, really bad heart worries, I was crying a lot, I hardly left my bedroom let alone the house! Now, ever since Friday I've felt great. I've started to feel the anxiety and the negative thoughts slip back in already but I'm putting up a fight and resisiting them and hopefully I'll start to feel normal again in a week or two and I hope you do too! Maybe if we force ourselves to go about a normal life (it's hard at first I know) the normality will take over again and the anxiety will slip away. :)

Take care xxx