PDA

View Full Version : I hate sundays

rambler
30-05-10, 23:59
I've always hated Sundays from being a young child. I find that my anxiety is always worse on a Sunday. Yesterday all I could do was cry and then today I feel so anxious. It's midnight and I don't have a wink of sleep in me..I'm just sitting thinking about things and getting more and more worked up and anxious. I'm dreading what might be around the corner for tomorrow.. I just think that if I can't learn to control my anxiety and nerves I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. It just seems that no matter how many different meds I take and how much therapy I get I stay the same. To top it all of I've recently started on Zispin and it is making all my usual problems far worse. If the telephone were to ring now or a knock at the door I'd hide under the bed..really..I feel that anxious at the moment. I shake like a leaf most of the time which is kinda embarrassing for me when there are people about and I'm constantly grinding my teeth.
Anyway, rant over :)

marie1974
31-05-10, 00:29
hiya hun, i used to b the same, infact the weekends were terrible for memand made me anxious, tearful, angry, etc etc.

I am alot better now becaouse i have realised for me, that during week, i have routine, which is v important for me, i am busy, so when it comes to weekend i have to keep busy too, if i stay in all weekend, i feel terrible, so i try to go out and keep as busy as possible, it does help me having kids, as they keep my busy, but i do think that is the anwer, keeping busy.

I also never answer the door or phone unless i know who it is, i immediatly panic, big hugs and try think positive thoughts xx

Bill
31-05-10, 01:41
I'm just sitting thinking about things and getting more and more worked up and anxious.

I just think that if I can't learn to control my anxiety and nerves I'm going to have a nervous breakdown.

Don't do either!- Don't sit thinking and worrying. Don't try to control your anxiety.

As dear Donna says, do something that will occupy your mind that's enjoyable and involved to stop you worrying about what you're thinking and then you'll find you'll have no anxious feelings causing you worries to worry about.:winks:

Alicat
31-05-10, 22:29
I'm the same. Sundays can be really awful if I just sit in all day. Anxiety rockets. It's just because my mind isn't occupied. I agree that keeping busy is the key.

unspoken
31-05-10, 23:53
Yes, I find Sundays are so slow and eventless. I woke up at 8:30am yesterday and realised that the shops wouldn't open for another 2 and a half hours and there really is nothing else to do round here apart from go shopping! I have always found Sunday nights to be particularly bad, from being a school kid and feeling the weight of the week ahead looming over me and having to do all the homework I'd been putting off all weekend to being a student and then an office employee and fretting about Monday morning. I have had trouble sleeping on Sunday nights for a long time as well. Sunday seems like such a slow day with nothing much to focus on. Nothing good on TV, the shops shut early and public transport is worse.

As has been suggested above, try to keep busy. Go for a long walk if you can. Try to keep yourself occupied and to forget it's Sunday. I decided today that I will try to spend more Sundays volunteering at the charity shop which I volunteer at because it really adds some structure, activity and social interaction into my day which helps a lot.

PoppyC
31-05-10, 23:56
Hi
Is there any countryside around you? Could you get out into it on a Sunday?
Make plans to do something that you would enjoy other than shopping on a Sunday.
I agree, Sundays, can seem very dull, but it is what we do with them that makes the difference.

RichW
01-06-10, 02:52
me too... end of my rant.