PDA

View Full Version : Please help! Feeling confused and not right

Natalie x
31-05-10, 14:06
Hi,

Can anyone help me please? I constantly worry about any slight pain or ailment that I get, and for the past while I have been feeling weird. My head felt like it was blurry inside (if that makes sense) and then I started to feel confused and feel like I can't remember what people have just said to me. I then started to worry about having a stroke and felt like the left sidfde of my mouth was drooping. I really hope that this is just anxiety but I haven't really felt anxious! Just a bot worried about the sensation in my head. Please reply. I really hope that it just in my head and nothing serious is wrong with me. I keep thinkingn there is!

x

jaded jean
31-05-10, 14:21
Hi Natalie x
It would be the anxiety I would say, Ieven started dribbling for a week or so and I thought thats it, its a precursor for a stroke , but it wasnt. In this state I belive our sensitivity is heightened and we feel every niggle pain or tingle in a magnifyed way . What medication are you on?.
Jean

pollyanna
31-05-10, 14:24
natalie

everything you have said is anxiety to a T, this sounds so like me, i could have wrote your post myself.
you can honestly convince yourself of anything, even though you think your not anxious you are, because you are having worrying thoughts, and then those thoughts escalate, and the whole cycle continues.
its also hard to remember what people have said to us because our minds are so focused on all these thoughts and worries, its hard to concentrate on what other people are saying, and i often feel like i have cotton wool for brains, all fuzzy.
the more we focus and think about physical sensations the more we notice and reinforce them. i know its very hard not too.
try and do something today that will take your mind from these thoughts, write a letter, play a game, anything that needs you to concentrate on something else for a while.

take care

P x

glsr0467
31-05-10, 14:25
Hi natalie thats exactly how i experience health anxiety, you think that you aren't thinking about it and are having an anxiety free moment then off you go again! if you think back logically then you will find that you saw or heard or read about a stroke or that you were feelong symptoms that you associate with strokes hence you mimiced one ive done the dribbling out of one side of my mouth before until i thought about it and rea.lised that if it was a stroke it wouldn't last 5 days!! good luck x

Natalie x
31-05-10, 14:33
Thank you for your replies. I am currently on moeopathic tablets and also attend CBT. It is helping, but I have only been to 3 or 4 sessions. I just feel that it's such a vivious circle - like evey day there's something else to worry about. And then I worry incase something bad happens because I'm worrying! Does anyoen else feel like this? It's so irritating!

x

bellalew
31-05-10, 14:49
Thank you for your replies. I am currently on moeopathic tablets and also attend CBT. It is helping, but I have only been to 3 or 4 sessions. I just feel that it's such a vivious circle - like evey day there's something else to worry about. And then I worry incase something bad happens because I'm worrying! Does anyoen else feel like this? It's so irritating!

x:hugs:im exactly the same natalie,every day a little nigly pain here or there will set me off worrying,and i to think omg!im dying iv been like this for untold yrs,iv not died yet hun,but yes they do worry our heads and one dose get weary of it,it often spoils my day,but i soldier on though im fed up with it,its a comfort to know, your not alone, or the only one and hope its help ease your mind,i try to distract myself with doing washing up ect,eventually it gose,but i do know how you feel,i worry about worrying!,so frustrating.take care.ellen.x