PDA

View Full Version : My Citalopram journey part four.

saltydawg
31-05-10, 19:44
I hope everyone had a good bank holiday? Well, for those of you that have been following me, yesterday we met up with friends and went to the narrow boat show up in Crick. Apart from the worst stomach ache ever which I presumed was down to the Cit, I had a brillaint day. No panicking, no anxiety apart from just beofre we met up.
Maybe we shouldn't have stayed over the night I don't know, but I made the mistake of having a beer and then one glass of wine with my dinner. It made me so anxious, that from 3 am I was awake the rest of the night with worry.
This morning I put on a brave face untill we got in the car to go home, I felt so bad I couldn't drive then proceeded to cry, a 52 year old man crying for nearly the whole journey home, I mean WTF?
The rest of my day has been awfull, I fell asleep on the sofa and woke up with the most awfull headache, I've tried to watch TV but can't concentrate as I have so much adrenalin rushing through my body, I have this terrible feeling of doom though I don't know why.
I keep going dizzy and just feel crap, I can't even spell properly and keep having to read over what I've written. This is my 3rd attempt at coming on here to write this thread as I forgot how to start one and couldn't remember what to do. I can honestly say this is my worst day since starting on Citalopram on the 25th May 2010. I think I'll remeber that day for the rest of my life.
You've told me that it get's better with time, surely it can't get worse than this can it?

Raindog
31-05-10, 20:34
Hi SD,
You had a good day, which is a good sign, it shows you are on the mend even if it was just one day to start with. You need to learn the lesson with the alcohol at the moment though, you haven't gotten past that overwhelming anxiety and it will just set it off, as you now see. It's mostly just the alcohol reacting badly with the meds, after feeling so level for the day, you wanted a beer to relax with, which is ok, but maybe try sticking to soft drinks for a little while until you start to feel the meds really taking effect.

Sorry to hear that you feel so bad today after such a good day, but hopefully once you've gotten the alcohol out of your system, you might have some more good days. That will be worth the effort of just having a coke when you visit the pub, I went to the pub today myself and just had a soft drink, it's not that difficult really.

You'll get back on track by tomorrow hopefully, doesn't sound like you drank a lot but it's hit you harder since you're in that first tough period when the meds are just getting to work and probably increasing your anxiety. Get past that and chances are you can have the odd wine or beer without too much of a problem. Just get yourself levelled out more first and then you will feel when you're ready to have a little drink again.

Keep going, sounds like you were getting there then stumbled. Pick yourself up and remember how bad you felt today next time you feel like a sneaky beer, you should be feeling better tomorrow. Keep us posted mate.