PDA

View Full Version : How to cope now?

phil06
31-05-10, 22:48
I've had a hard six months of little going my way and a few weeks back I got really down and nervous and things have picked up but I'm still tense...

I have to work 48 hours for a new job this week (then its a weekend job)..got a driving lesson in a new town (failed my last test 3 times) so I now have a 4th try in 2 weeks...

I may also have a date...how can I cope..I still feel spaced out..worried, anxious, tense about the future, what if it all goes wrong? How do I cope? I was unable go to into town today due to me feeling I'd go mad but managed the local supermarket. :shrug::weep:

unspoken
01-06-10, 00:01
I get that thought a lot. "How will I cope?" I panic that I have got myself committed to doing too many things, that I won't cope with them. Then I think about trying to get out of them, but then I panic even more about how to get out of them and if I'll regret it and if people will be disappointed in me.

Try to see all these things as positive things and try to see them as separate things, rather than a huge heap of tasks and challenges you're suddenly facing all at once. Try to feel excited rather than anxious. A new job is great. It'll be a tough and tiring week this week, but after this, it will be less stressful. It's only in the short term that you've got to push yourself. You may find that being busy actually helps once you get there because you won't have so much time to feel anxious and think about your life and your future.