PDA

View Full Version : Getting better, but...

PoppyC
31-05-10, 23:26
Hi
I have posted before, about how my anxiety has almost gone, and thanks to citalopram, I feel like I have been given a new life, however and this sounds mad I know, but, since I have felt so much better, I feel so restless, and like I want to make up for the lost time during the past 2 years, and it is beginning to make me feel really hyper that I want to be doing so much, and it almost feels like I can't cope with the 'well' me.
It feels like when you are really hyper and had a lot to drink and want to go out, but no one is going out...That is the only way I can describe it...maybe it is an anti climax - not sure.
I am so happy that I feel well again, but people have mentioned that I seem over excitable and manic. I am getting fed up now. I am not sure what is happening.
Has anyone else felt like this? I keep wondering if I am bi polar to an extent. I know there are different degrees of being bi polar and I don't think I am extreme...Oh I don't know...fed up now :(

unspoken
01-06-10, 00:05
Hi, I'm on sertraline, not citalopram, but it is also an SSRI. I have found that I feel agitated and like I have too much energy at times. But you will probably find that if you over do it, you feel very tired suddenly. I also feel restless and impatient, but then after about a week the impatient energy suddenly disappears and my body aches and I feel unable to get out of bed. It's a slow process, recovering from depression/anxiety, and it is a rollercoaster rather than a gentle slope. I read about this in a book called Depression: Curse of the strong that I got in my local library, I think the same applies to anxiety. You'll have good times but you could well also have some lows in store, so don't overdo it while you feel well :)

crazyhayz
01-06-10, 00:26
Maybe ur just so so happy that its making u get like this. I was the same when i had my all-clear CT scan results. I felt so happy and glad that my life was now on the 'up' and i wasnt dying, that i completely went the other way. Instead of sitting around feeling like my world was ending, i literally was out all day everyday doing things with my son, putting more make up on, spending more money, lol, i kinda felt sooooo happy that i was 'back to normal' that yes, i spose it was kinda 'making up for lost time' and just a sense of having my freedom and LIFE back. You'll calm down soon dont worry xx good luck with everything xx

PoppyC
01-06-10, 00:28
Hi Unspoken
Thank you for your reply.
I related to what you wrote about the tiredness,as that is exactly what happens. I find myself really tired after getting really 'high' almost. I thought I maybe had borderline bi polar!
Your post has really reassured me, so thank you for replying. I will try get hold of that book you mentioned, too.
:hugs: