PDA

View Full Version : Most Humble Greetings

AbbaDionysius
01-06-10, 06:44
Most humble greetings one and all.

OCD/Health anxiety dude here...I love this site and have found it comforting to know I and others are not alone. Thanks for all the good words, thoughts, and prayers you kindly offer one and all.:):yesyes:

My issues: Health anxiety and some depression; occasional worrisome clicking throat, SCM/trapezius and neck tension and pain, with developing TMJ.

Medications: Cymbalta 90 mg. and Neurontin, 2400 mg. Also trying acupuncture and Yoga for stress/anxiety and pain issues.

Psychiatrist I see is a believer in pills and no talk therapy at all; am seeking a psychologist who specializes in health anxiety issues.

Oh, and ironically, I am about to start grad school in psychology :roflmao:. However, I believe my personal issues makes me more understanding, reverent, and empathetic toward the issues and psychic pain of others and is therefore a strength as a therapist, and not a weakness.

I also am specializing in Buddhist psychology and Shamatha/Vispayana meditation.

nomorepanic
01-06-10, 07:06
Hi AbbaDionysius

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

AbbaDionysius
01-06-10, 07:10
Hi AbbaDionysius

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Thank you most kindly for the welcome, and I hope I will meet many folks here with similar issues and situations. :hugs:

Vanilla Sky
01-06-10, 14:05
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

AbbaDionysius
01-06-10, 23:46
Thank you most kindly. :):hugs: