PDA

View Full Version : fingers crossed

jaded jean
01-06-10, 14:13
I have to see my line manager again at three to go over OT's report to see if I am fit enough to return to work. And guess what- I AM PANICKING!!.I am doing the breathing exercises.Just hope it calms down, I feel so edgey.Why now?
Jean

rambler
01-06-10, 14:16
Hope everything goes well for you, Jean. :)

jaded jean
01-06-10, 14:17
Cheers Rambler . bricking as we speak-sorry.
Jean

rambler
01-06-10, 14:22
I think it's only natural to have some anxiety in certain situations. I'd be bricking it too!!! :)
Just keep saying to yourself..I can do it..I can do it.........

jaded jean
01-06-10, 14:26
I will take hat on board I was fine till I got the summoning phone call and I felt like I wanted to start running around screaming or gibbering. oh well-its now or never -been off 7months now!!

Rory23
01-06-10, 14:28
Trust yourself and relax. Its very hard to do, but its so important.

Speak positively to yourself and dont listen to negative thoughts. If you stay positive, you will have a more positive outcome. The more negative you are the more negative the outcome will be.

Its hard to do, but talking to myself in a positive wayt and not lisening to the nagative thoughts really does help. Dont beat yourself up if it doesnt work striagh taway, or you have slip ups. At the end of the day, feeling 2% better is still an achievement and should be celebrated.

Good luck!!

jaded jean
01-06-10, 14:30
Thanks Rory23.
Will post and let you and rambler know the outcome
Thanks again.
Jean

jaded jean
01-06-10, 15:34
Hi Rambler and Rory23
Just got back. I was told to get a more detailed report from my doctor re the phased return and to be more specific. I have to let my team leader know if I am not coping with certain areas etc when I finally get back.I also found out that they have to consider the Disability Discrimination Act as well in my case. so.... watch this space.
Jean

rambler
01-06-10, 15:45
It sounds quite encouraging. Would the disability Discrimination act be because of your mental health?

Raindog
01-06-10, 15:59
Hi Jean,
Sounds like you handled it ok. You can understand them wanting to have all the details since they have to cover their employees for insurance purposes and such.

If you start feeling panicky again, I found having a word that doesn't really mean anything, just one that pops into your head, and that you let your thoughts revolve around does help. Give it a try, I've been doing it for the past couple of days and it's kind of relaxing.

rambler
01-06-10, 16:05
So, what's your word then, Raindog?

jaded jean
01-06-10, 16:17
Hi Rambler. yes it means exactly that. They have to be so careful now.
Raindog-hi. I will try that. as Rambler asked what word do you use??
Jean