PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

SINGLE_DADDY
01-06-10, 14:34
Hello friends and greetings from Atlanta. I havent been on in a while because belive it or not for the past 6-8 months I havent had any panic attacks. Well THEY'RE BACK....AND WITH A VENGENCE. This time I have different symptoms that are more and more like a heart attack. PLEASE tell me I'm just stressed. I cannot go throguh what I did last summer. I am waking up in the middle of the night just sick as you can imagine at my stomach with of course a pounding heart and now shooting pains all the way to my finger tips. I cannot talk without gagging and the IBS is aweful. These are bad, very bad. Last year I had every heart test known to man including a stress echo and an ultrasound on my heart and all its parts.

Also can these attacks be so bad that you can physically feel sore afterwards. I had one Saturday night that lasted off and on all night and I was so sore on Sunday. I tried to take a Xanax and it didnt help, it made me even more sick to my stomach............OH God I am having anxiety just thinking about going through this HELL again. Oh Dear God, Please talk to me!!!!!!!!

PokerFace
01-06-10, 14:45
Heloo :)

Good job on beating the anxiety for that long! That means you can get through it again and this time it should be a lot easier because you know what you're experiencing.

Anxiety likes to mimic symptoms of what we're most afraid of I've noticed. When I thought my heart was in the left side of my body and heart attack pain was in the left side, my left arm, jaw, chest hurt like MAD. Now I know where my heart is and what heart attack pain feels like, I get horrible central chest pain! It's all in my head of course as my heart is a normal healthy heart, it's just the fact that I'm constantly thinking about it (even when I don't realise) I start to make it happen. If it would put your mind at ease, you could go see the doctor just have him have a listen of your heart for a bit of reassurance as I strongly doubt there is anything wrong with your heart, especially with that many tests last year!

I used to get panic attacks so bad the symptoms would last all day it would feel like a constant panic attack lasting days if you get me. Even when the panic/adrenaline rush was gone I was left hurting and tense and all wound up so yep if you get a panic attack bad enough it can hurt you afterwards.

Instead of thinking about going through bad anxiety again, think about how strong you were to beat it like that. Think that this time you KNOW what it is and you're not gonna let it grab a hold of you again. Push it to the back of your mind with distraction and fun things to do and eventually it will dissapear again!

I hope this helped a little bit, take care xxx

gypsywomen
01-06-10, 14:49
you can have pain after attack because your muscles tense ..nearly as much as if you were having a workout ,, if you had all the heart tests it sounds like your heart is fine ,and if you think about it it must be to go through what you have try to relax listen to some good music ,, or do a job you dont like doing get messy ,,xxxx