PDA

View Full Version : Will I still get CBT?

Pennie
07-02-06, 22:06
Hi,

I've been starting to feel better and do a bit more over the past couple of weeks, which is great, and it feels good to think this won't be forever. The thing is I'm not due my psychological therapies assessment until next month and I'm worried that because I'm starting to get better they'll say I don't need the cbt. Thing is if I don't get the cbt and learn how to cope with things better and change my thought patterns then is there the possibility that my useless coping mechanisms will land me back at square one again? Hope this makes sense! I've just had the thought at the back of my mind that part of the reason they have long waiting lists is to see if you get better by yourself or change your mind about it and save the nhs some money.

Thanks, Pen

"If you wait until you become perfect before you love yourself, you'll waste your whole life. You're already perfect right here and right now." Louise L Hay

Meg
07-02-06, 22:13
There is no need to let on how much better you're doing alone.

I would have a blip day the day you get assessed and see how you get on..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Piglet
07-02-06, 22:18
I agree with Meg Pennie.

I think half my trouble is I am way too upbeat if I speak to the doctor about things, so they probably just think I will work it out on my own.

Which I am sure I will very well do, but its no harm to have all the help you can is there.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

alexis
08-02-06, 00:25
Hi Pennie, I agree with a blip day, I think the reason why you wait so long is different everywhere you go, I didnt wait long at all even though I was warned I would have a long wait.
Im glad you are getting a bit better though,xxxx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

Pennie
08-02-06, 18:53
Hi,

Thanks, I think you're all right. Part of my problem is that I've always tried to cope with everything by myself, makes sense to have a blip day to make sure I get all the help I can.

Pen :D

"If you wait until you become perfect before you love yourself, you'll waste your whole life. You're already perfect right here and right now." Louise L Hay