PDA

View Full Version : Burning smell

charsey
01-06-10, 23:02
I know i shouldn't have googled but i didn't think it would actually bring up anything serious. Then i read that it could be a sympton of a brain tumour and i'm starting to worry.
I've woken up with it for the last two mornings and have the taste in my throat. I don't feel unwell so don't think its an infection but i'm really starting to freak out xx

xfilme
02-06-10, 00:45
It could be something simple, like sleeping with your mouth open when you dont usually. Another thing it could be is the beginning of a chest infection or post nasal drip... if this was the case, youll know within a couple of days. The brain tumour thing... personally i believe it to be an old wives tale but Im probably wrong... any way, that relates to smelling the burning... not tasting it. I would assume, that it is no more that something you ate the night before that is still lingering the following morning. So long as you dont feel ill and everything looks ok in your mouth, just keep an eye but dont worry about it too much. Dont analyse inside your mouth though, it can be a scarey place :P

crazyhayz
02-06-10, 01:03
I had this for two days then it went. I was verrrrry stressed/anxious though, so i put it down to anxiety. Nerve endings can cause some really weird sensations/tastes/smells etc when they are overloaded with adrenalin. Nothing to worry about, just anxiety. x

charsey
06-07-10, 19:48
Hi I posted this a little while ago and have since found out i'm pregnant so i put the smell down to this however i'm not sure. I know that pregnancy hightens your sense of smell but how is this working when i'm the only one smelling smoke (not cigarette smoke) and there is nothing burning near me. I'm really getting worried as its getting stronger and stronger and is making me now feel ill to the piont where i can't eat. Should i go see the doctor or will they think i'm being stupid? x x

mary3
06-07-10, 19:54
I would go the the dr but not because i think that there is something seriously wrong but because you need the reasurrance that your ok. Especially now your pregnant, you need less stress (easier said than done!). Congratulations by the way! x

charsey
06-07-10, 20:42
Thank you, i just feel that they won't take me seriously and think that i'm this stupid pregnant woman who doesn't understand the symptoms of pregnancy but i had this prior to falling pregnant although it wasn't as strong or as often.

heather xx
07-07-10, 07:03
pregnancy hormones can absolutly ruin your sence of smell. When i was pregnant i worked in a shop and some new trainers smelled vile. i was the only one who could smell them but it stank the whole shop out to the point of making me sick. they even smelled in the stock room there was no escape from them!

blueangel
07-07-10, 12:04
I know certain smells can become intolerable when you're pregnant. My mother said she could never stand the smell of coffee when she was pregnant and it always made her sick.

mary3
07-07-10, 14:54
dont worry about what the dr thinks, im sure that they hear/see worse and anyway they get paid (lots!) to listen to our worries and try to help xx