PDA

View Full Version : Read This Feel Better;)

Danoiii
02-06-10, 04:16
Anxiety..... A couple of things before we start:

1) Millions Of People Suffer From Anxiety + Panic

2) People Live Very Normal Lives With It

3) Explaining The Feelings Is Very Hard

I just want to outline somethings that Anxiety can make you feel and point out that they are manageable

1) The feeling your on edge all the time and people are talking about you...

This feeling is hard to explain, its almost like your scared to say anything and you have already worked out a picture in your head as to what is going on and you have convinced yourself that people are talking about you or plotting to get you. What you need to do is step back, the person you think is talking about you or plotting towards you i find it works to say "hi" to them or engage in some kind of activity that gets a reaction ( i work in an office and this is the method i use) and it works every time i feel more at ease.

2) That Crazy Feeling....

This covers a number of things:

a)feeling you not there aka it feels like a dream
b)feels like your going a little crazy
c)feels almost like your life is coming to an end soon
d)feeling that you have a long term disease e.g cancer
e)Light headed

To cover some of these i get them from time to time and deal with them in a very simple way, i call someone that is close to me just for a chat or think about an activity im doing or something im looking forward to e.g watching a movie or a tv show i like on tv. The feeling of your life coming to an end is a nasty one i would just like to say this YOUR LIFE IS NOT COMING TO AN END ANYTIME SOON FACT!!! GET USE TO IT, harsh but this is what i say to myself and it puts me at ease.

Light headed, this sometimes happens to me when im sitting at my desk.. i feel light headed i start to feel my heart pumping and hands start to sweat and i feel a little faint its a scary feeling this is how i deal with it:

1) Remove yourself from the area go stroll outside, move rooms anything to get away from where the feeling started. This is very important.

2) Its triggered by the over thinking of something that is on your mind or something you are thinking about, you can simple shift this feeling by just understanding what is happening knowing what is happening is the key to being able to control it. I suffer from this and i am able to tell you how to control it simply because i have trained myself to do so and notice the starting signs you can also.

3) Try not to get worked up or worry to much about things my saying is this..."It does not matter what people think nor does it matter about what events are going to happen", you have no control over the the way people feel and you cant change the future. This sux because how cool would that be if you could:) anyway back to the Anxiety..

4) Feeling like there is something wrong with you... Classic this one i just wanna clear this up there is not anything wrong with you that thing that you think is killing you guess what its not SIMPLE read this and believe it and tell yourself it and laugh about it best way to deal with it.

5) Its all a dream - this feeling sometimes people say its almost like being drunk ( If only how good would that be;) all the young people reading this will think the same for you older people well.... just keep reading) This sometimes hits me when im eating my dinner at work again i find it helps to speak with a close friend just to engage in some normal activity with another people should sort this out fine(if you have no luck ask yourself are you in a bar because you in fact might just be drunk).

Happiness:

Just to end i have had anxiety for 3 years and i know it sounds like a lot of things i have talked about but they are down to just changing the way you think about anxiety and in most cases laughing to yourself about it, im going to be honest sometimes things cant help but know one thing, EVERYTHING IS OK tell yourself it think of things that make you happy stop worrying about things and get on with you life you have amazing things to do and its all out there for you(good i sound like a shrink now ha).

Im Dan 23 im a pretty good looking guy i have girlfriend thats a model in UK and a very good life yer sometimes my anxiety comes up but i deal with it and you should to because there is no reason you cant, start to enjoy life its a wonderfully thing;)

Regards

P.S I just wanted to add here that i know anxiety seems like a way of life but lets face it only you need to do is step back and control it and trust me everything becomes clear - i see it almost like a hulk side of me its there but i have full control over it just like the Hulk he had to learn to control it same gos for anxiety:) now stop reading this close this page and go enjoy an activity watch a movie and think about what i have said i promise you instantly you will feel better remember the feeling you get store it and link back to it when ever you need a little pick me up.

Baggie
02-06-10, 14:26
Hi Dan

Thanks so much for that. I've been having a bit of a 'wobble' today & felt really uncomfortable this morning, but I feel a lot better now after reading your post.

Cheers! :D

Danoiii
03-06-10, 01:33
Hi Baggie, Its good to hear that ;) message me anytime you might need some help.

DavidJ85
03-06-10, 05:43
Nice one Dan, a nice read seeing as I'm awake at this hour due to my anxiety

daybyday
03-06-10, 05:53
DavidJ85 your quote is the best yet.

Anxiety is like a box of chocolates. You never know what symptom you will get.

So true.