PDA

View Full Version : Just dont feel right :(

kittykat
02-06-10, 11:24
Hi

Too cut a long story short been sufferring bad migraines at the mo, took one 2 weeks ago and then another one on sunday there, the doctor put me on propranolol as a preventative but i know it can take a while to kick in.
Anyway im just feeling really dizzy and off balance and have loads of floaters, because my migraines are visually based im getting obsessed with my vision im really frightened i have a brain tumour that that my doctor has missed, he's never suggested a Ct scan but these migraines are really making my anxiety sky high and all sorts of ideas are taking hold, im off my anti anxiety meds at the moment and dont want to pester the doctor as i just saw him last week regarding this. Can me worrying constantly cause the dizziness and off balance feeling, im just really fed up at the moment with all the worrying and i also heard tht visual migraines can sometimes mean you are also at an increased risk of stroke so im even thinking what if its a blood clot thats lodged making me feel like this. Could it even be side effect from the beta blocker propranolol that hes given me, im sorry for going on like this i just really dont feel right at all :(

Bexmumto3
02-06-10, 11:41
Hi, I've never taken propanolol so can't comment on them but with regards to your symptoms they sound exactly the same as mine, I too suffer with migraines as do many in my family. I'm not sure if I am suffering one now but for the last few days I have been really dizzy, shaky, jelly legs, visual disturbances & feeling sick. I seem to go through episodes where I am ok for a few weeks then bad for a few weeks, etc & I can definately make my symptoms worse if I think about them, got no advice really as I am struggling myself again but just wanted to let you know that you are not alone x

shell24
02-06-10, 12:39
I have had migraines before and i understand what your saying....you mistrust what your doctor has said and start self diagnosing in your head. If it was a clot you would probably be dead by now so you can rule that one out, your dizziness and blurring is due to the migraine! One of the most common side effects of migraines is dizziness and visual blurring. If you are really that worried then see your GP again for reassurance but i can assure you that if your doctor suspected even 1% chance of a brain tumour or clot they would have referred you on for an MRI or CT. Hope this is some sort of reassurance for you

kittykat
02-06-10, 15:06
Thanks for the replies they do help in calming me down a bit, i just hate doubting my doctor all the time , Shell how long can your dizziness last after having had a migraine as mine was on sunday and im still feeling a bit light headed and offf balance also meant to say i did have an eye test recently and that was fine would the optician have noticed of there was a tumour there or if something wasnt right, i have decided to give it to middle of next week and if im still feeling wobbly and off balance i will go back and just get him to check things out again and maybe even see if its the meds thts not 100% agreeing with me x

zippy
02-06-10, 15:12
Yes when i was getting alot of headaches i went for my eyes tested as i was told they can see lots of illnessess from your eyes and brain tumours are one.

shell24
02-06-10, 15:14
Well if your migraine finished on sunday then i doubt it is that which is causing the dizziness but we can make ourselves dizzy if we think about it too much! Thats why we feel the things we feel when were panicking because your mind can make your body react in immense ways. Make sure your drinking plenty of water as dizziness can be caused if we havent eaten and drank properley. I think your suggestion to see a doctor then is completely rational as your giving yourself a deadline. Why not go out for a walk or go to the shops to get your mind off things? This dizziness is only going to get worse if you sit and think about it. I hope it passes for you.

kittykat
02-06-10, 15:16
Thanks guys ....i need to get a handle on this as i know im focussing on it too much :)

kittykat
03-06-10, 18:46
Well just took another migraine at 2.30pm today whilst going to visit my aunt in hospital, it was another visual one with not too bad a headache but did feel a bit nauseated.....i just had one on sunday there so thats 3 within 2 weeks, now im panicking im thinking its a brain tumour pressing causing these migraine symptoms i really feel like crying as im so worried :( the thing was i feeling a bit better then that goes and happens will it ever end for me !!