PDA

View Full Version : Done the Wedding now major anxiety about my Honeymoon to America :(

moomin123
02-06-10, 17:58
Hello all of you.
You may have seen my post in the panic forum asking for help before I got married on Saturday. Well I am pleased to say that I did it and I am now a Mrs! The day wasn't without panic however but it was still the best day of my life!
The thing is I thought the panic would subside a bit after the wedding day as when I usually have to face a big event and I manage it I feel very proud of myself and then the happy feelings kick in. Unfortunately this isn't the case this time and I have not had any peace from anxiety since the wedding on Saturday. I am so so so scared about going on HOneymoon to Miami on 14th of this month and this is what is causing all the anxiety. I went to the doctors yesterday and he prescribed me Oxasepam to take to give me some relief. I took one pill last night at home and was asleep within the hour and ended up waking at 3am on the sofa, hubbie had tried to wake me to come to bed but he hadn't been able to rouse me! At least I got a decent sleep though.
So today was my first day back at work and luckily I work in the medical profession so I was able to have a talk to one of the doctors in the office and ask him about the tablets. He said that I should take another one and just see what it does for me. So, I take another tablet and within half an hour I feel sooooo spaced out and sleepy, but a lot calmer it has to be said. The thing is when you are back in the office after having a week and a bit off it is not good to feel like that when you are checking through your emails, I found I was deleting things I shouldn't! I managed til lunchtime and then hubbie had to come and get me as I was so tired, luckily work understood and I was honest with them as to what was going on.
I have spent most of the afternoon sleeping and have just woke up feeling a bit agitated. The thing with me at the moment is that I am so wound up I have IBS so constantly on the loo and can't bring myself to eat anything. I then put pressure on myself to eat as I am scared of getting that low blood sugar shaky feeling. I have lost 5 pounds over the last week through all this. I have just told myself that I should try and eat something so have just made some toast with butter with a few cherry tomatoes to at least give my tummy something to work on. Not being able to eat and having IBS on honeymoon is the main source of my worry. Hubbie says that he will look after me every step of the way but I can just see myself a shaking wreak all thoughout the 2 weeks and feeling so bad as I can't eat. Just being around food at the moment makes me feel sick so what am I going to do in the restaurants in Miami??
I am considering taking another Oxasepam to help me relax this evening but don't want to rely on them too much.
I have an appointment with my CBT councellor tomorrow afternoon so I am going to go to work until then but I really can't take another tablet at work or I will end up asleep at my desk.
Sorry for such a long post, I helps me to get it out and I know you guys helped me through the wedding which I am really grateful for.
I guess I am just wondering if anyone else has the same issues when the panic, i.e, not being able to eat, panicing around food, also is anyone else on similar medication? I am also on 20mg of Citalopram, have been for the last 3 years.
I really feel like telling my new hubbie that I can't go on honeymoon which would destroy him - he loves America and can't wait to go there - are there any Americans on the site who are from Miami? I think that is just my 'flight' response telling me that though.
Anyway thank you so much in advance for your help, sorry for going on so long!

Moomin xxx

Going home
02-06-10, 21:46
Why don't you try halving the tablets? they might not make you so tired and spaced out, but still keep you calm. There are also natural meds you can take from the health shops or pharmacies if you don't want the stronger pescribed meds. There are lots around such as Kalms, Valeran or rescue remedy. Well done for getting through the wedding, sounds like it was a wonderful day.

Anna xxx:flowers:

Worrier
03-06-10, 00:49
Hi Moomin,

Well congrats on getting married. I think you need to just look at things a bit differently - instead of worrying about what "might" happen, just think about the fantastic time you are going to have, spending it with your new honeybunny and try and be positive and excited to be coming to the States. It is a wonderful place, with so many great things to see and do, you really will enjoy yourself.

I have been all over the States so if you need any help/info let me know. Are you staying just in Miami or venturing out to other places? Let me know, I'd be happy to help you out.

Take care, relax and look forward to a fantastic honeymoon.

Natalie xx

moomin123
04-06-10, 10:17
Hello Natalie,

We are flying out to Miami and staying right on Miami Beach. If you are able to offer any relaxing things to see and do that would be gratefully recieved. We have made no definate plans as yet as Hubbie said we would just take everyday as it comes and just have a relaxing time. After 6 nights we are driving down to stay at the Florida Keys in Duck Key, we plan to just chill out there.
I am so worried at being so far away from home, but do you know what, last time I was in America (2 years ago we went to Orlando and then flew to the Bahamas) I felt really safe there. Everyone was so friendly. I also figure that as the panics are back big time as I am so scared of going if I am panicing anyway, I might as well panic there.

Many thanks in advance for your help! xx