PDA

View Full Version : My solicitor wants me to go in the national press and tell my story..

sarah jayne
02-06-10, 18:36
Hi everyone as some of you will know ive had a year of hell. It started last year when i got married in cyprus and unfortunately 2 days after the wedding i was rushed to hospital in an ambulance. I had food poisoning and was in a very bad way, my bowels were swollen ( i had a scan), i had infective colitis and was kept in hospital for a week on all sorts of meds until they allowed me to fly home. I havent been right since, i still cant eat fatty foods, my ankles are constantly swollen, i had reactive arthrtis, ive had daily headaches and ive been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, im constantly in pain and everyday i worry that im dying, basically im a wreck and will never be the same again. Ive consulted a solicitor and they said i have a definate case as i was all inclusive at a 5 starhotel. Thompsons have wrote to me apologising and offered me 300 pounds worth of vouchers, as if ! My solicitors coming round tomorrow for me to fill in the forms and he want to talk to me about going in the national press. He said theres already 2 big papers that want to run my story but i really dont know what to do. Im anxious enough without everyone knowing my business. What would you do ? he said it will help my case becuse other people will come forward who it also happened to.
Sarah x:huh:

sammie23
02-06-10, 18:41
Do it. You deserve the compensation. Especially because 1 your holiday was ruiened and 2 because you was you spent alot of time in hospital in so much pain. Go for it x

hallam11
02-06-10, 18:44
Do what you feel is right! I am sorry that you have had to go through so much! I do believe that you deserve some sort of compensation for what you have had to go through.
xx

margaret jones
02-06-10, 19:06
Sarah Hi sorry to hear of the nightmare time you have had You must do whatever you feel is best , if still unsure maybe ask a independent solicitor if they think it will help your claim .

Take Care Maggie

sarah jayne
02-06-10, 19:13
The solicitors that are representing me are pannones, you might have heard of them cause they are a huge company with offices all over the world. I know they have loads of experience with cases like mine so i trust them with my claim, its not just about the money though its about not wanting anyone else to go through what i have, i wouldnt wish it on anyone. Its ruined my life. The holiday and wedding cost us 16 grand altogether and it was all to feel like this :( My life will never be the same and one day i might not be able to work if this fibro keeps on getting worse ( im having an awful flare up at the moment ) I just dont want thompsons to get away with it but im not sure about everyone knowing how ill i am n stuff x

charsey
02-06-10, 23:57
I know this must be a very hard decision for you to make. I think for yourself and what you've been through justice needs to be served. I also think if you can stop this from happening to someone else then its worth it, but you have to do what is right for you. Do not be forced to do anything you are not sure on as it will not help with your anxiety or stress levels, can you not think on it for a while? maybe try to get a bit better then see how you are mentally with going to the press?

Danath
03-06-10, 00:05
Do it, and Take from them EVERYTHING you can, bugger their 300 pound vouchers, you deserve far more from them than that for their incompetence leading to such pain for you. Fight the fight and tell the story hun.

pollyanna
03-06-10, 08:02
sarah jayne

what a terrible time you have had, i think i agree with a lot of the other posters, go with your gut instinct, do , feels right for you, you certainly deserve the compensation after everything you have been through, but i suppose it depends on whats involved and how it will affect you, goodluck with whatever you decide.

take care.

P x :hugs:

xfilme
03-06-10, 15:50
Take it! not only for the compensation but to warn others! Bleed em dry. The papers may as well serve some kind of purpose... most of the time all they are good for is wrapping chips.