PDA

View Full Version : reassurance please.

jaded jean
03-06-10, 07:42
I have held it together well for the past couple of weeks but my dads health is taking over my line of thought. He has breast cancer. He is on Femara and is going back to hospital in 3 weeks to see if it has done anything to this small tumour he has.
I live 30 miles away from him and my driving at present is minimal so consequently I ring him 3 times a day to see he is coping ok.. He has other health issues as well , poor sight /balance. I am not asking for divine intervention just a bit of reassurance that I can deal with all this. I go to my doctor sometime today and am thinking of upping my medication as I am waking up and immediately thinking and shaking.
Thanks for reading
Jean

Raindog
03-06-10, 07:50
Hi Jean
Sounds like a tough time you're going through. As we've talked about in other posts, we have inner reserves of strength that we don't know are there until we're put to the test, and this seems to be one of those times when you need that strength.

Perhaps upping your meds may work, I'm no expert but it seems that you have to find the correct dosage for you so that they work well enough to get you through, so hopefully you can discuss that with the doc and see if it will help.

I'm sure your dad understands you are finding it difficult too and as long as you can get through to see him when you can that will help. It's a lot of pressure to be under, having to deal with your own problems and trying to care for a loved one too in such a difficult time. You can pull through, it won't be easy but we've all been there and if others can do it so can you. Keep going and hope things work out.

Better days for you and your dad Jean.

jaded jean
03-06-10, 07:54
Bless you Raindog.
Always there to give encouragement.Thankyou.xx
Jean

Raindog
03-06-10, 08:05
I think it helps just knowing someone is listening and has some idea what you're going through. That's why I signed up for NMP in the first place. If you need someone to chat to on these mornings, you can find me in the NMP chat room or pm me to add me on MSN or something, I found it helpful having a live chat to air my feelings with someone.

I feel a bit helpless finding things to say to people but they seem to find comfort in what I do say so if you feel like a chat, let me know :)