PDA

View Full Version : Need help

BunnyMazonas
03-06-10, 11:24
Had my first session with my counsellor Tuesday. There were certain things - things that I know are connected to my anxiety disorder - that I needed to get out in the open. I talked to my counsellor about it- it was so hard and scary but I am glad I did it.

The only thing is we had to cover some really heavy stuff and since then I've not been able to calm down. I was on a constant anxious adrenaline panicky rush before the session, felt exhausted and overwhelmed afterwards, didn't sleep that night, missed work yesterday because I was feeling so crap and now today after another bad night I'm back at work but I'm going through an anxious adrenaline rush and I'm exhausted physically mentally and emotionally andmy brain won't stop running out of control. Thoughts coming too fast for me to keep up.

need to calm down now but I don't know how to. Work normally helps because I just get my head down and focus but Ican't today I can't do anything. Feeling so odd- preheadachy, women's problems in full force, slightly off with the fairies but hyperstimulated at the same time. What is this and how do Imake it stop/

bellalew
03-06-10, 12:09
Had my first session with my counsellor Tuesday. There were certain things - things that I know are connected to my anxiety disorder - that I needed to get out in the open. I talked to my counsellor about it- it was so hard and scary but I am glad I did it.

The only thing is we had to cover some really heavy stuff and since then I've not been able to calm down. I was on a constant anxious adrenaline panicky rush before the session, felt exhausted and overwhelmed afterwards, didn't sleep that night, missed work yesterday because I was feeling so crap and now today after another bad night I'm back at work but I'm going through an anxious adrenaline rush and I'm exhausted physically mentally and emotionally andmy brain won't stop running out of control. Thoughts coming too fast for me to keep up.

need to calm down now but I don't know how to. Work normally helps because I just get my head down and focus but Ican't today I can't do anything. Feeling so odd- preheadachy, women's problems in full force, slightly off with the fairies but hyperstimulated at the same time. What is this and how do Imake it stop/:hugs:hi bunny,sorry your feeling low.i think from what you say,bringing what you did out in the open has brought these feelings your having on,its suprising the effects it can have,i to had to bring the past out to my couselor some time ago,glad i did,but i felt almost the same as you after.i did however start to feel better as time went on.my couselor said it was the after shock that my anxiety went through the roof,i was told to keep doing the slow deep breathing to slow the palps,it dose help.i hope your feeling better soon hun.ellenxx

BunnyMazonas
03-06-10, 13:03
Hi Bellalew

Thank you for replying. Its good to know what I'm going through is normal. :hugs:

daydreamer
03-06-10, 13:25
Hey.

I had a therapy session a couple of weeks ago and I went through something similar. I opened up about things I hadn't ever talked about before and found it really painful to do, I couldnt stop crying. It really stressed me out and I went from being positive about it before hand, to anxious and down afterwards. I felt bad for a few days but my mood did start to lift afterwards.

I am going again tomorrow and I am absolutely dreading it, I have been since monday! I was told to expect to feel worse before I feel better, so Im hoping that once its all out in the open and I have said everything I need to say, the next step will be to learn how to deal with it and move on, after which Im hoping things will start to look up!

We need to remember that therapy is a positive thing thats there to help us, although I know its hard, I find it all so traumatising and somewhat embarassing!

But like you said you feel these issues play a part in causing your anxiety, so really its better that you talk about them now rather than keep it all in, doing so will only fuel the anxiety.

Good luck and let us know how you get on, Im hoping you will feel better soon :)

andrew
03-06-10, 14:49
Hiya,

Well done for 'airing your issues' during your counselling. I can remember you writing it was a big deal for you and so naturally it might put your feelings on a bit of a rollercoaster. Hopefully you'll begin to find some serenity during the next few days.

Take care .. andrew

BunnyMazonas
03-06-10, 14:54
Thank you to both of you.

It was really hard getting my issues in theopen - in the end I had to hand over a letter I'd written with the stuffon because saying it just wasn't working! Daydreamer,I hope your session tommorrow goes well. Now you've got stuff out there, hopefully you will be able to work on dealign with everything and learning how to accept things.

I am glad I opened up to my counsellor, I just wish I could get my brain toshut down for a few days so I can get back to work! :blush:

Still feeling odd, the feelings seem to be coming and going without any real cause right now, but I suppose that is to be expected. I'm going to try and relax a bit coming up for my next session, although I've been given an exerciseto do and some reading material which I am actually scared to look at! :wacko:

Hugs to everyone, if you accept hugs. As horrible as it is that so many people suffer with these problems, it really helps to know I'm not alone.

daydreamer
03-06-10, 14:58
hugs gladly accepted!

I know what you mean about the reading stuff to do, at first I found that just reading through everything made me panic too, i think its because it forces us to think about it and we are obviously people who dont like to think about these things, we internalise them but Im sure that as it goes on you'll become more used to it! take care x