PDA

View Full Version : Does any one else have this??

cassy1989
03-06-10, 16:15
I have been on citalopram since august. I started on 20mg, then moved on to 30mg and then on to 40mg.
Any way lately I have just felt absolutely exhausted even after a full nights sleep! I find myself falling asleep in the chair on the sofa in the day time and I could probably sleep all day if I had the chance!
I'm starting to worry that some thing is really wrong with me like cancer or ms which I have feared before but I am now really starting to fear again.
I don't know why I would suddenly be feeling so tired when I have been on citalopram for ages. I moved on to 40mg about january time or february time I think.
Thanks in advance for any replies xx

jaded jean
03-06-10, 17:20
Cassie .
I think it might be the side effects of the cit. when I started on 20mg I would just fall asleep as if I was drugged -literally. then I had a spate of yawning- which has come back again. Are you feeling better on 40mg or is it too much for you .if you have or are improving do you need to lower the dose .
Jean

Clarissa83
03-06-10, 21:37
Cassie I am now coming off my meds and I am tired. Reduced from 20mg to 10mg, Jean is more than likely correct in what she says. If you are still worried go back to the doctors, it could be the meds or something as simple as a low iron levels. try going to the gym or out for a walk or run if you have the energy, this might give you a little more energy. good luck.xx

PoppyC
03-06-10, 22:03
Hi
I am on Citalopram at 40mg daily. I agree they do make you feel very tired. I take mine early evening - even though packet says take in morning - and then I am ready for sleep a couple of hours later. I do wake up still tired in the morning, but compared to waking with full blown anxiety like I used to, then I would rather wake up feeling calm but tired.
What time are you taking Citalopram?

oneofus
03-06-10, 22:13
Same here, I'm on 20m in the morning about 7am. I could feel tiredness literally like a wave almost bang on 11am esp. if I was at my desk working. I had to grab a kip at lunchtime to clear it, which it did nearly always on the dot of 2pm. Switched to taking them in the evening 9pm, and that sees to have fixed the problem.

Danath
03-06-10, 22:17
its weird how it affects people differently, with me I was up literally all night every night for the first two weeks when I started it. Though I don't use it now as I get on better with Amitriptyline and Gabapentin

Faethra
04-06-10, 05:22
Hi there~

Once I got past the side effects it's almost as if I'm taking a placebo. I mean, I know they're helping, but they don't keep me up or make me tired. I seem to think the 40 mg might be too much for you, but if 30mg wasn't doing it... Then perhaps it's just stepping up.

Keep in touch with your doctor about your dosage. :)

keta
04-06-10, 09:26
Hi

Last time i was on Citalopram i remeber i felt constantly tired too and was only on 20mg that's why this time round i switched taking the tablet in the evening as well as it's helping me to sleep, i still feel tired during the day and yawn all the time but if i was taking the doze in the morning i would be unable to go to work every day.
I think it's just something we need to put up with :weep: