PDA

View Full Version : I'm still around

ElizabethJane
03-06-10, 20:12
I haven't posted much lately and partly the reason is that I am feeling better. Woo hoo some might say. I am being very cautious as I have had too many relapses in the past. My mood is definitely on the up although I still have 'black' moods mostly transient and 'funny' feelings which usually go away. I am still on all my meds 1,000mg of lithium and 45mg of mirtazapine. I have been feeling that I could easily drop down to 30mg mirtazapine but I would need Dr J to say yes to that. I'm not saying that I am 100% cured. I don't believe in all that but at the weekend I coped with going into London on my own and the tube. I did squeak a bit when they offered me a room on the fifth floor in the premier inn as I don't easily go in lifts. They offered me a room on the second floor. Avoidance behaviour maybe but I stuck to my guns and asked poiltely for what I needed. We had a horrendous journey back from the Chelsea Flower Show a cab then tube then a bus then a train and another cab but I coped no panic. If I need to up the mirtazapine again then I will and I'm not asking to come off it completely as I am a chronic depressive with a reccurring illness. Wish me well. Life is going so fast at the moment it is a job sometimes to slow it all down.

sarah jayne
03-06-10, 20:40
Im glad your feeling better xxx

JaneC
03-06-10, 22:49
Great news EJ, especially coping with the stress of the London trip. Enjoy life while you're feeling well! I don't mean that to sound fatalistic, but I don't think there is anything wrong with accepting that there might come a time when you don't feel so good again, IMO that makes it less hard to deal with if it happens.

Really pleased for you x

onceagain
03-06-10, 22:57
Hi EJ

I was really thrilled to read your post, it is so nice to hear a positive. You also seem to know what your limitations are which is a good thing surely.

Hope you had a wonderful time at the flower show, well done to you x

JT69
06-06-10, 17:27
Hello Elizabeth-Jane,

Am so pleased that you are feeling so well...its so lovely to hear a positive story from someone that has been through so much.

Well done on the London trip...I had to go up there on a course last week and found it a challenge but managed it.

I do hope that this goodness all continues for you.

Take care.
JO.xx

allergyphobia
08-06-10, 18:29
hi elizabeth

i just wondered if you thought your hypnosis treatments have anything to do with your recent successes?

well done on all your progress
x

ElizabethJane
08-06-10, 22:12
I'm not too sure about whether the hypnosis has helped lift my mood. I hope so. I am due one more session on the 23rd June but I feel loads more confident. I'm not saying that everyday I feel 100% everyday. I am not so good in the morning and take a long time to get going so I'm sometimes late for work. Hypnosis will only continue to work if I practice self hynosis and I dont want the sessions to end. I still experience lots of bowel related issues which I will have to take up with my GP again. I'm not sure whether I can face a colonoscopy again but that might be on the cards if they find blood in my poos again. I know tmi but my grandmother had bowel cancer and Dads sister also. I'll let BUPA take the strain.!!I also have a fissure which wont heal. Sleep issues come to the fore when my husband goes away. It would be good if I can tackle these before my hypnosis come to an end. If anyone reading this is contemplating hypnosis then I would definitely go for it. With a qualified therapist the results can be truely amazing.

pollyanna
08-06-10, 23:16
EJ

So glad to hear that you are feeling much better, and well done on the london trip, also glad to hear that the hypnosis has been beneficial to you.
i can understand you being a bit cautious, having slumped so many times before, but i suppose its all one day at a time, and living in the moment.
sending you best wishes.

take care

P x