PDA

View Full Version : OCD - guilty conscience

Jenniferagius
03-06-10, 21:49
I always feel guilty after having said or done something and feel the sudden urge and need to confess. Can anyone help me? Jenny :blush:

joyce1980
11-06-10, 07:19
I have had bouts of this, It was more when I was a teenager and points out that I have a low self esteem, Don't doubt yourself and when those thoughts come over you. SHRUG YOUR SHOULDERS AND SAY TOO BAD I'M NOT APOLOGISING FOR SQUAT!!:shades:

Puff up your self esteem and self worth, feel comfy with who you are and understand that not everyone will like you and good, you are who you are. your mates will love you and no apologising needed with them:hugs:

Next time you walk down the street strut your stuff and exude strength and be comfy in your skin,

That will kick some of your ocd in the ass:yesyes:

lucidvibe
14-06-10, 14:59
I don't think I can help - but I can support and tell you - you're not the only one. I get this awful feeling and regret stuff I had said and done the day after, usually after having a drink (which I know I shouldn't be drinking if it doesn't agree with me, but I can't help it). I'm having one of those days today, following on from yesterday where the major guilt and panic set in... and I'm still waiting for it to taper off.
Unfortunately, I don't think there is a magic answer or cure for this - but I can suggest meditation, as this has helped relieve tensions for me recently.

joyce1980
15-06-10, 00:33
Sorry you are feeling this way lucid !!! I know.

There is no magic bullet but I do take aropax and this helps me in an amazing way, my psychiatrist says I am very lucky and there is something in my family cos we all have it, even family I don't see. I have herd they have issues too

I hope my little girl does not :(

Perhaps you can go see someone if you have not already and try a few things, not necessarily meds.

Hugs

joyce1980
15-06-10, 06:38
So here is an example

I just got offered a job by the same main company but two different areas, I had to choose and one of the managers didn't know I had an interview with the other due to holidays and some mix ups cos I applied for the two jobs at different times not knowing that the one company manages them all ...

I felt compelled to take one but still felt shocking over that fact that I had let the other manager down in a way ( big head i have lol lol )

I am such a people pleaser and feel guilty if I upset someone, I will get over it but my OCD will have me going through it more then the ordinary person. Shame

I hope this helps someone. I just let it run it's course try to remember there are bigger things in life than someone I have only met once ( she was such a lovely person though :(
and that it was an special indeed that I actually has the choice.

Damn OCD