PDA

View Full Version : My heart keeps fluttering

gordie1
03-06-10, 22:07
Hi there im really worried over the past few days my heart will flutter, it is like palpitations which I am now used to and dont worry me however with this my heart will miss a beat like palpitations then seem to stop and then skip 2 or 3 beats. Ive had an ecg at the surgery today and my doc was really nice and listened to my heart yesterday and he thinks everything is ok but told me to have ecg to reassure me he is also going to organise a 7 day holter monitor for me. But I also keep on getting pins and needles in left arm that last for a few seconds and then come back- can this be a sign of anxiety?? Im on propanalol 2 times a day 40mg. My doc thinks this is panic attacks but Im not anxious when I have them only afterwards

minnie h
03-06-10, 22:36
i get these 2.ther very scary.evan had them wen i woz pregnant.if u type heart flutter into the search box u wil see so so many posts frm otha ppl who hav the same.hav a read ov them n see if it makes u feel beta.sitting and worrying about them wil make them happen.yes they can happen wen ur not evan axious,i dnt no y tho lol.take care x x

Kev1979
03-06-10, 22:47
Pins and needles and aching body parts is 100% anxiety well for me anyway, also hot flushes and tiredness i also get

dont worry about it and think positive if you can :)

mad-girl
03-06-10, 23:07
Hello. I have the same, funny enough its been really playing up this evening. With regards to the pins and needles i think alot of that you may be over breathing yourself. I get very bad dizzy spells with mine do you?? Its nice to hear from someone else who is going through it.

Di xx

Ella_Jayne
04-06-10, 00:49
Oh I know how you feel. Tonight I was at the cinema, felt proper anxious for the whole bloody 2 and a half hours, my heart was fluttering like I don't know what. Some were 2-3 even 4 in a row, others came and went and then the dreded adrenaline rushes. I wanted to run out of there so bad but just stayed and put a brave face on but I seriously believed I was gonna die. Had to keep reminding myself that it is just anxiety and flutters happen to everyone whether they feel it or not. I'm glad your ECG was good, good luck with the 7 day monitor, they are proper annoying to wear but will give you the reasurrance that you need. x