PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of stating counselling

phil06
03-06-10, 22:57
Can anybody give me advice? Do they cost alot to get one?

I have had alot of stress to deal with so feel it would be an option. I'm also tempted to take a brake from the driving lessons. Do they help?

Any advice? :blush:

KK77
04-06-10, 01:25
Counselling is no ride in the park, I can tell you. In order for it to help you, you must be totally honest with your feelings and be prepared to face your fears. I don't mean to frighten you or put you off but counselling is something that you must really work hard at. The counsellor doesn't hold all the answers as some people may think. It's down to you to play ball. The key is to see negative patterns and break them, because for so many of us our anxiety/depression is like Groundhog Day ... if you know what I mean...

Having read a lot of your posts I think it'd benefit you a lot but I think it's a big step and one that you need to make yourself. I would ask your doctor/psychiatrist about it and see if they'd be willing to refer you for it.

Good luck, Phil.

tonystalloney
04-06-10, 14:04
private ones can cost over £50, but NHS is the best route but it depends how severe you are and the waiting list, but defo go for it, your brain is like a computer, its needs a defrag now and again