PDA

View Full Version : discomfort in left rib area

Lauz
04-06-10, 03:38
I think I have posted about this previously but am doing so again as I am still getting this discomfort.

It is left rib area, basically where your nipple is but in the rib area below. It is a discomfort not a pain, it feels a bit full like something is there in a way yet when I prob around all feels good.

I am just trying to understand what this could be and how I can avoid getting it.

I dont suffer from IBS, or could this be IBS? I do get heartburn quite frequently, probably on a daily basis but this discomfort is there when I dont have the heartburn.

Does anyone else have this issue?

I am thinking of going to the docs about it just to understand a bit more but can already see them saying there is nothing there it is just anxiety :(

Lauz
07-06-10, 00:08
Nobody ? :(

I feel unloved haha

Going home
07-06-10, 00:35
Hi Lauz

From what you describe it sounds like it could be trapped gas, and that can be really painful and can take some time to disperse. I had it just under my right breast behind the ribcage and it lasted for about 4 days and it really worried me, kept taking Rennies and it eventually went. I do still get it from time to time. The only thing that stops me from freaking out is that its usually on the right side (I have a heart phobia so any pain on the left side is a no-no!)

Anna xxx

Fly away Katie
07-06-10, 23:03
Ive got that now. I think its the way you screw yourself up when you sit xxxxxxxxxxxxx