PDA

View Full Version : has anyone else had this

bashley
04-06-10, 09:39
hi last night something really scary happened, i had this happen a while ago and it really frightens me. I am asleep then suddenly i wake up gasping to breathe im in total panic as i cannot get my breth its as though i'm being suffocated, then when i do get my breath i have the taste of sick in my mouth its awful. please help is this to do with anxiety or something more sinister.:unsure:

StoneMonkey
04-06-10, 10:16
Hi Bashley.
The transition between sleep & awakening can be a bit of a weird place especially when suffering from anxiety.
There is a thing I think called sleep paralysis i have only had a couple of times and it never became a pattern.
I am not sure if you actually wake but it feels like you wake up startled with heart racing. You cannot move and it feels like you are being pinned down.
(sounds like something right out of The Exorcist).
I don't remember a bad taste though.
I hope you have a more peaceful night.
Simon:scared10:

jessicalittler79
05-06-10, 02:55
hi hun sorry for what happen it is so sceary ..may i say i had this happen to me last night also ive heard it was anx but ive never been to doc for it...feels like as iam falling to sleep i jump up cause i could not get any air and ive even had this happen over and over in the same night sorry i couldnt help much but it is realy sceary and i will keep u updated if i find out what causes it ....this has made my ha so much worse

Phill2
05-06-10, 06:36
Hi Bashley
I used to get this on a regular basis.It's gastric reflux causing it.
Avoid eating close to bedtime as I find this makes it worse.
I always keep a glass of water beside the bed so I can take a sip if it happens.
Talk to your Dr as reflux is a common thing in anxiety sufferers.
Phill :shades: