PDA

View Full Version : Black lump in mouth on cheek

AustralianInKenya
04-06-10, 09:55
Good Morning,

I noticed this morning that I have a back raised circular lump in my mouth on the inside of my left cheek. It is about 3mm in diameter and raised by approximately 1-2mm. It is not painful or sore.

Can anybody please advise what this might be?

Thanks and best regards,
Adam

gypsywomen
04-06-10, 10:34
i think you might have bitten your jaw in the night and its caused a blood blister ..just keep an eye on it x

bexy1970
04-06-10, 12:17
yep i get these and flap!!! always just a little blood blister from biting inside of cheek xxx

xfilme
04-06-10, 13:05
Dont forget there are saliva ducts in the middle of inside of your cheeks. The are about 3-4 teeth from the back, directly between where your teeth clench. Maybe you are looking at this?

oneofus
04-06-10, 14:41
Blood blister! I found one once and mentioned it to the doctor when discussing something else. Boy did I feel a wally! It literally fell off a day or too later. So no need to worry.

Alabasterlyn
04-06-10, 16:17
Sounds like a blood blister to me too. I get them on the inside of my cheek and also huge ones now and then on the side of my tongue. They don't hurt at all until they burst, but the small ones don't seem to give any pain at all. Last time I had a huge one on the side of my tongue I did go to my GP as my tongue was really painful for about a week afterwards. He examined me and said it was caused by trauma from either catching food on my tongue or biting it. General advice I got from my GP was not to burst them as they heal from under the surface of the blister.

AustralianInKenya
04-06-10, 21:31
Thanks guys for your help and advice!!!!! Very comforting to know! :yesyes:

eeyorelover
04-06-10, 23:32
If it starts to hurt you may want to cleanse your mouth with 1/2 peroxide and 1/2 water solution. That will keep out infection. But rinse your mouth really well after and don't swallow any of the peroxide ;)
xxx
Sandy

crazyhayz
05-06-10, 01:13
my sister just went to the GP about her black slightly raised lump on the inside of her cheek, its an abscess. Hopefully yours is just a blood blister but sounds very much like my little sisters one. Good luck x