PDA

View Full Version : THANKS!

BEJAY
27-07-03, 11:35
[8D]

Hello.I've only recently come across this site and the info has proved invaluable to me.
Two of my best pals recently lost their Mothers and have leant on me quite a great deal during this time.One day at work I had a panic attack and was petrified.Luckily I work in a GP surgery and was reassured by one of the nurses that it was a reaction to stress.I kept going dizzy and lightheaded and felt dreadful,plus I had the most scary palpitations.
This has happened a few times in the last 6 weeks and I finally saw my own GP who confirned these horrible symptoms were stress and anxiety.My own Mum died 5 years ago and the doctor said my own breavement stress had started coming out again.
I've been taking a herbal remedy which the GP said was fine to continue with as it does seem to have helped.Am trying more exercise when I feel like I'm going "strange" and trying to chill out.
Reading this site made me realise I'm not alone and has helped so much.I will beat it!

Meg
27-07-03, 13:56
Hi Bejay,

It helps soooo much if early on you get good reassurance and advice like you did.

Exercise is one of the best things you can do as well as practicing complete relaxation.

Which herbal remedy are you using ?:D

Well done for your positivity

nomorepanic
27-07-03, 21:56
Hi Bejay

Glad you found the site to be of help :-) It is always nice to find somewhere that you can feel at home isn't it? All of us here share your thoughts and anxieties so we can relate to what you are going through.

Hope you stay around and get some more help from all the wonderful people that take time to post in here.

Nicola

Jo
28-07-03, 16:27
Hello Bejay - Is has certainly helped my recovery to know that others are in the same boat!! Everyone is very friendly and supportive!

Welcome aboard

Jo xx

BEJAY
29-07-03, 18:05
[8D]
Thanks guys! This is such an excellent site and I will recommend to anyone who I feel may benefit from it.
I am using "Kalms" at the mo and they are helping-I have some knowledge of herbal remedies(have a degree in Health Sciences) and wanted to try a mildish one first and see if it was any good.
Am also using exercise, mainly power walking(not sure if the dog likes it though!) and listening to music.
I will be a frequent visitor and am willing to learn from the experience of others,
Take Care,
Bejay xx

nomorepanic
13-08-03, 20:20
Bejay - I tried Kalms a long time ago but not for over 5 years! Perhaps I ought to try then again.

Exercise is great for the Panic - I have taken to doing some exercise when I feel bad cos that helps me breathe properly and stops the panic.

Try and drop in the chat room one night!

Nicola