PDA

View Full Version : MRI SCAN

sadie
21-02-04, 13:51
Hi all,

Just need your help and support as I have received the appointment for my MRI scan which is 19th March and I am already started to feel worried about it.

I am worried firstly because I am claustraphobic(Sorry about spelling) and am worried I take a PA whilst im in the tube thing!! Secondly, what if they find there is something really wrong with my brain...maybe they will actually find one..lol.:D

However, on the otherhand, maybe I wont take a PA and maybe the results will come back clear and that all my headaches are just migraines as originally thought!!!

I am trying to feel ok about it but, I do feel really anxious about it. Has anyone else been for an MRI scan and can offer some kind words to help me through it??:)

sadie

nomorepanic
21-02-04, 16:28
Sadie

I don't envy you that cos there is no way I could stay in there long enough!! Can they give you a light sedative? Have you told them you are agoraphobic so they will keep an eye on you?

Good luck and let us know how it goes ok?

Nicola

Lottie32
21-02-04, 19:41
Sadie

I haven't had one, but when they were trying to work out what was wrong with my 87 year old granny, this was just one of the many things she was subjected to.

I went in with her - not literally in the tunnel obviously cos that would be really stupid, and I stayed holding her hand till the last minute, joking and making her laugh.

Explain to the hospital how you feel. They were excellent whenever I had to go with my gran. Previously to her developing cancer, she had her catarachs done. She had the same consultant for both operations and follow ups. He could see how stressed my gran was, and decided that it was better for her to be accompanied at all times by me, than taken by a nurse. Unfortuately, this wasn't necessarily the best thing for me. The second operation didn't go as well as the first, and she had to go back as outpatients to have some "tweaking" done by laser. Guess who got given orange glasses, and had the thrill of sitting with her gran whilst they lasered her eye. Nice. Not.

Just explain to them how you are feeling. I'm sure that if the medical staff were half as nice as those at the DRI, then you will be fine, and they will let you take a friend/partner in for support.

At the end of the day it's ten minutes of something not that nice, but a life time of putting your mind at rest that you have actually got a brain.

Good luck babe, and I hope everything goes ok for you.

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

diana
21-02-04, 23:58
Hiya Sadie,

Just wanted to give you a little information from someone who has had one and is also "VERY" claustrophobic (check spelling) :). I`m not sure if things are the same in the UK as here in the US, but when I had mine done I was terrified of all the things you have mentioned, and guess what? I actually made it, and better yet it was`nt that bad. Initially sure, but once you are in you will be fine. I had a good experience I suppose because like Charlie mentioned the folks there were very good, very accomodating and very patient. They actually gave me a set of head phones to wear into the tube, and you can listen to any radio station you like. That helps with the loud noise inside the tube, and there is cool running air in the tube, kinda like on the airplane, so that helped me with the breathing problems I would`ve suffered from anxiety, and last but not least once in the tube there is a mirror placed above your head that allows you to stay in contact and focused on the technician in the booth who is performing the test. My tech. was a lady so periodically her voice would come over the head set they gave me asking if I was alright and reassuring me that she was right there in case I needed immediate assistance. Not sure how they arrange the mirror above your head, but you can see the person in the booth performing the test so that was very comforting to me. I`m sure you will do just fine too. I hope this info. has helped calm your fears about it somewhat. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Take care,

Diana xxxx ;)

PinkLady
22-02-04, 02:03
Hi Sadie,
I just would like to wish you luck and hope all is well for you.

Prayers and best wishes only!
Trina

Trina

sadie
22-02-04, 08:51
Thanks everyone,

I will do what I usually do...get really worked up about it until Im there and then I will be ok!!! (hopefully)

Thanks for the support though everyone...Its a month away so plently of time to get myself ready for it and I will let you all know how I got on!!

Take care

sadie

stimpy
22-02-04, 12:50
I had MRI scans on my knees, so luckly I was only half way in the tunnel with my head sticking out.

The whole thing takes about 20 minutes from start to finish, and if you explain to the nurse that you are having problems, they will be able to help you.

The good news is they give you head phones, so you can take your favorite CD and listen to that while you are in there. Don't worry about it being embarrassing as no one else can hear it but you.
And the nurses are in contact with you all the time you are in there, so you are not alone. They can talk to you through the headphones and you can talk back to them by using a button.

good luck !

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

lilac kitten
25-02-04, 14:19
Sadie,

I had an MRI scan about 10 years ago. The first time I went in I paniced and they got me out straight away. This was at the Royal Surrey in Guildford. All the nurses and doctors were wonderful and rebooked the appointment for me as I couldn't continue. They also arranged for me to have valium and take one of my own CD's to listen to. The second time I got through it no problem as the valium and CD relaxed me. They also let me have a good look around the 'tunnel' and showed me how far in I really was, etc.

I really hope you get on OK. I had a colposcopy the other day and had wonderful care during the process because I told them I got panic attacks. I knew I had to do it as it was life saving and I have two young children that need looking after.

You can do it. And if I was you, phone the MRI clinic and ask them if you can pop in for a look round and if valium and taking a cd or tape is an option at that particular clinic. Explain to them your anxieties - they'll be more than used to it and may even suggest something themselves.

Let us know how you get on and lets also hope that the results are good and not bad as well.

Good luck
Ruth

uryjm
28-02-04, 21:02
Sadie
I just had an MRI scan two days ago as part of a medical check up, and I hate to tell you it's not the most comfortable experience. You will feel quite enclosed and the machine is quite noisy. They'll give you earplugs and a panic button so you can stop it at any time. It's quite bright in the tube, and you have to lie very still with your head enclosed in what feels like a plastic cage. There's a little mirror in front of your eyes that works like a reverse periscope so you can watch your feet (and anyone coming into the room).
I kept my eyes closed and tried to relax. I've become quite good at relaxing over the years, so I lay and thought about walking along a windswept beach. (I also thought about poor Jennie Bond enclosed in that box with the water and rats! At least this wasn't so bad). The scan took about fifteen minutes.
What I'd recommend you do is try to take fifteen minutes every day to lie as still as you can (with earplugs in) and relax all the muscles in your body. Buy a book, if you haven't already got one, that will teach you a technique. Personally, I start by tensing then relaxing my toes and then feet, ankles, shins, knees, thighs etc.. I breathe deeply and calmly, and try to think nice, warm thoughts.
Perhaps you could get a cardboard box from the supermarket and lie with your head inside this, to get used to the enclosed feeling (I'm not trying to be funny, I think this could help!)
I've suffered anxiety and panic for over twenty years, but my scan was perfectly clear. I'm sure yours will be too. Good luck.

Jim

nomorepanic
29-02-04, 00:09
Pink

Is your email address correct cos I am getting loads of returned emails. Can u check please.

Nicola

Nicola

sadie
29-02-04, 14:08
Thanks everyone for the good advice...

I think I will take in a nice relaxing CD with me although Im not sure if I will be able to hear it or not, with all the buzzing etc. My hubby is coming with me and Im hoping he can come in with me too ( not in the tube thing,lol!!!)

Anyway, Im trying not to think about it too much at the moment, Its just under 3 weeks away. Will let you all know how I got on. Fingers crossed everything is ok.

Take care

sadie

diana
01-03-04, 03:26
Sadie,

I am sure everything will be fine, and you will do just great too I know you will.

Take care,

Diana xxxxx

P.S. Try not to worry to much about it :).

Laurie28
01-03-04, 14:32
sadie,

Keep calm and u will be great. we'll all be thinking of you.

Let us know how you go

Love
Lucky

sadie
19-03-04, 23:07
Hi everyone,

Just thought I would give you an up-date of my MRI scan today.

Well it definetly wasnt the most pleasant of things I have ever had to endure in my life so far....especially as I am very claustrophobic!! I was able to go into the tube after talking myself round for the 1st test but paniced afterwards and had to get out!! Then managed to talk myself to going in again but again felt too hot and panicky and had to get out!!! By my 3rd attempt I managed to cope with it and managed to stay inside the tube for the last 2 tests.

I am gald I managed to do it but will not be in hurry to do it again!!

Anyway, hopefully the results will be ok. The funny thing was the stress of the whole thing and the horrible noises you hear will inside the scanner etc actually sparked a migraine!! (the irony)

Will keep you all posted on the results.

Thanks for everyones support.

sadie

Meg
19-03-04, 23:47
Sadie,

Well done for having gone through with it.

I know how concerned you've been lately about headaches and heads so once you have the results to this test you'll know whether all the worry was in vain....lol

When do you go for the results ?

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

sadie
20-03-04, 15:24
Hi Meg,

Hope your well. The nurse advised that if there is something sinister going on, then I would hear within the next few days, otherwise my results will be sent to my doctor who referred me.

Will let you know how they turn out!!

Take care

sadie

Meg
20-03-04, 16:43
Remember if there was anything that sinister that they saw on the day, you would already have been seen on the day by the on call people and hauled in .

So you can come off red alert .

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

sadie
20-03-04, 17:23
Thanks Meg,

I know youre right...thanks for your kind help and support over the last month or so. I am feeling a bit more positive now that it is over with etc and the Kinesiolgy looks promising too!!

Thanks again

sadie

diana
20-03-04, 20:07
Hiya Sadie,

Good on you for coping with the MRI scan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope all results are fine :).

I hope you are feeling a bit more relaxed now that it is over.

Try to calm down and not worry so much. Like Meg pointed out if they had found something sinister on the day of your tests, they would have had you seen immediately.

I hope this helps a bit.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

nomorepanic
20-03-04, 21:17
Sadie

Well done to you for coping.

I sincerely hope the results are negative and everything will be ok.

Keep in touch ok?

xx

Nicola

sadie
21-03-04, 00:17
Nicola,

Dont worry, Im not going anywhere...I still need all you guys to help me through (although Im getting better all the time!). Plus I hope I can help others along the way too.

Take care

sadie

Jules31
22-03-04, 11:59
good for you Sadie on going through that. You've just conquered another fear.

I'm sure everything will be just fine.

Hang in there

Jules

diana
22-03-04, 15:26
Sadie,

Trust me your posts help us along too :).

We are all in this together :-D.

Take care,

Love Diana xxxx

sadie
22-03-04, 19:32
Thanks Jules and Diana, your support means a lot.

Hope your both doing ok.

Take care

sadie

nomorepanic
22-03-04, 22:03
quote:Originally posted by sadie

Dont worry, Im not going anywhere...I still need all you guys to help me through (although Im getting better all the time!). Plus I hope I can help others along the way too.

Sadie - sorry that sounded as though you hardly come on - lol.

What I meant was keep this post going so we know how it goes cos some people may forget that you had the scan.

I know that you are helping loads of people on here too and thanks for that. :)

Nicola

PinkLady
23-03-04, 14:59
Hi Nicole,
I just checked my e-mail address and it is correct. I did have an overload of e-mails the other day. I have been getting all the e-mails from the posting of Introductions.
Hopefully it was just because of being over my limit.
It is fine now.
Thank you,
Trina

Trina

sadie
23-03-04, 20:04
Nicola,

I should have realised thats what you ment.lol Anyway, still no news on the MRI results, which is actually GREAT news!! Will keep everyone posted on the results etc..

Take care

sadie

nomorepanic
23-03-04, 20:41
Trina - yeah it all seems ok now thanks.

Sadie - yeah that is great news and we are all sure it will be fine.

Nicola

PinkLady
24-03-04, 20:11
HI SADIE,
ANY WORD YET, A FEW DAYS HAVE GONE AND HOPEFULLY THAT IS A GOOD THING IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD
FROM YOUR DOCTOR YET. HOPING THE BEST FOR YOU.
TRINA

Trina

sadie
24-03-04, 21:17
Hi Trina,

There is no news yet, so that is definetly a good thing as she told me that id they found anthing sinister I would be given an emergency appointment straight away. It will be a week on Friday since my appointment so thats good!!

Thanks so much for asking though, I will let everyone know when I get the results. Hope your doing ok.

sadie

diana
25-03-04, 04:55
Sadie,

I am sure everything will be fine :).

Keep ya chin up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care,

Diana xxxx

Laurie28
25-03-04, 14:11
Sadie,

No news is good news!!!!

Let us know when you get results!!

love
Lucky

uryjm
25-03-04, 23:03
sadie
My colleague, who had an MRI at the same medical I was on, had a small abnormality. He was in for ages and was given an injection to help "highlight a specific area". Obviously he was really worried (I didn't post this originally incase you were given similar treatment.)He now has to go for further tests. I think what I'm trying to say here is that if you haven't heard anything then you're probably clear. It seems to me that the people who run the examination will notice anything of concern almost immeadiately, and if there was a problem your case would be prioritised.

Jim

sadie
26-03-04, 20:15
Jim

Thanks..you did the right thing, I would have been frantic if you had told me this before I went. Anyway, 1 week has passed and I havent heard a thing so I take it that means I have nothing serious to worry about.

Hope your well.

sadie

diana
27-03-04, 18:02
Sadie,

Good News!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like everything is fine.

Which is what we all hoped for you :).

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

Buby
31-03-04, 00:31
hi all.

i wasnt sure where to put this...but wen i saw the word headache typed i rushed in ere.... i have these really strange headaches that start off at one side of me head then stop for like 5 secs and then go straight ova to the ova side...they go rite roung the bk of me head and it starts to ache and burn...im really scared theres summit wrong....but i went to the docs b4 christmas wiv headaches and he sed it was due to a virus...altho this aint the same pain im not sure if it cud b that coa i aint felt as great as i cud of dun in ages....theres also anuva fing worryin me..........its hard to describe....its like in between my erm...womans chest area fingy....i get this massive pain and it feels like lots and lots of needles just pokin me really viciously then that starts to burn too......i was gonna go to casulty tonite if the walk in centre wasnt open and it wasnt but i still didnt go cos im scared of hospitals...all the ppl waitin to b seen and stuff....but im not sure wev i shud ask me dad to take me down there cos ive still got it ofa 3 and a half hours......du fink i shud??? i got this pain on saturday and i had the day off yesterday with it....im not actually sure if i need sum excercise as im not doin it at school cos of all my absences...its startin to really burn now and now im scared if im gonna b sick!!! plz help ne advice!!!

Buby
31-03-04, 00:32
oh yeh...wot is an MRI scan???? silly question sowwy xxx hugs Rachel xxx

stimpy
31-03-04, 10:31
Oh hang on now ...

Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Using Magnetic and radio wave energy, the MRI scanner can see inside the body, rather like a 3D X-ray that can look at tiny places close up. It can then ask your body, "What type of tissue are you?" and take a photo of it.

Ooh get me! Mrs Smarty Pants. See, I was paying attention at the hosptial when they told me what an MRI was - lol

Okay Rach, rule number 1 Calming thoughts, deep breaths.
Rule number 2 Centre yourself and think logically.

Eliminate the possibilites - not migrane or a bump to the head or covered in spots? No ?

Could it be Ice pick pain - like someone stabbing you in head with an ice pick for a few seconds at a time? No known cause, they just kind of happen? Yes ?

Then the burning and the chest pain starts - Yes?

"Oh my god I've got a brain tumour .. Panic!" - sound familiar?

I would put the burning, the chest pain and the feeling sick down to panic because of the headaches.

I would definately have a word with your doctor as he may be able to give you something to help with the head pain.
Just explain what sort of pain it is and where on your head it is.

Good luck, hun
Let us know how you get on.

Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

diana
01-04-04, 23:30
Rach,

Oh dear I am so sorry you are having a rough time right now.

I agree with Liz, I would have a word with your doc, as he may be able to get the pain in your head under control.

I was once diagnosed with what the doc called "ICE PIC MIGRAINES".

Your symptoms sound very similar to mine. If that helps at all.

I also agree with Liz concerning the burning and so forth. I would say that the worry of what is going on in your head would cause some anxiety/panic.

No matter the cause of the pain in your head there should be something the doc can prescribe to help you.

Post to let us know how you get on dear.

Liz...........

Good on you for paying attention to what MRI stands for.

I`ve had one, but honestly had "NO IDEA" what it stood for.

So again you have manged to educate us today. LOL.......... :-D

Take care all,

Diana xxxx [:X]

sadie
20-04-04, 20:08
Hi all,

Will be getting my results for my MRI scan by the end of the week. I know its been over 4 weeks since my actual scan and I havent heard anything yet which is good news, I think. Anyway, Im still really worried that there will be something wrong!!!

The reason being Im still getting really bad migraine/headaches. I have started taking my preventative medication again everynight but so far its not helping too much. I have also mbeen taking paracetomol everyday too on top of this. I dont think this is right...surely there must be something wrong with my head???

I feel my right side of my head feels really strange at times and I feel like I could pass out or like something is going to burst inside (dramatic I know but it does feel like this). I am still getting a funny taste in my mouth too which no doctors seems to know whats casuing it.

I am at my wits end with my headaches to be honest. I just wish they would go away as it really affects my work as I find I cant function normally at work when I get one.

Sorry to go on about this but Im trying so hard to stay positive and not worry too much but when you get as many headches as me then its hard to stay positive.

Could it be TMJ that it is causing my headches/migraines? My jaw clicks when I open my mouth wide and I get earache and pains in my teeth and jaw all the time too?? Just a thought, can anyone help with this?

Thanks

sadie

kate
20-04-04, 20:50
Sadie,

I know how worrying this must be for you but I'm sure that if something was wrong then they would not have left it 4 weeks before letting you know the results.

You are obviously worrying constantly about the headaches which of course is making them much worse.

I remember when I was first ill I had a constant bad head and was convinced that I was about to drop dead from a brain haemorrage.

I can't really say anything to convince you that you will be alright as I know that once the anxiety thoughts take a hold they are very hard to shift.

Just stick with it Sadie, and when you are given the all clear at the end of the week, you will then be able to discuss your migraines further with your GP.

Hope I have been of some help to you, Sadie, I also suffered with migraines for many years during puberty and know how debilitating they can be.

Take care

Kate x

sadie
20-04-04, 21:12
Thanks Kate,

Just having someone to listen helps sometimes..as we all know!!

So you suffered migraines when you were younger,did they just stop by themesleves?? I would do anything for mine to go away or atleast be less frequent.

sadie

kate
20-04-04, 21:41
Hiya Sadie,

I started with migraines when I was 10. Flashing lights, numbness, half vision,throbbing headaches.

I used to have 1 a week, without fail, up until the age of 15 when they just stopped.

I do, however, still get the throbbing head ache on occasion, but the
flashing lights etc no longer happen.

Try not to worry, Sadie. I know that is easier said than done but we are all here for you.

kate x

Rennie1989
20-04-04, 21:57
Sadie

hope the results are good!!!!

got my fingers crossed 4 u

Scooter Girl

sarah
20-04-04, 22:22
Hiya Sadie

The end of the week is not far away now so you wont have too long to wait to set your mind at ease.

I dont know if this will help you any but my husband confessed to me last night that he has been having severe headaches/migraines for the last 2 months or so practically non-stop. I pursuaded him to go to the doctors today who sent him for blood tests but told him it sounded like a result of stress and tension. It may be stress and tension for you..waiting for the results etc I know is making you anxious so....?

let us know how you get on Sadie.

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

Jules31
21-04-04, 11:43
Sadie

sorry to hear you are still feeling bad, i have headaches everyday too along with all the other stuff. I get a funny taste/feeling in my mouth too almost everyday. Sometimes it's there for hours and sometimes most of the day. Someone told me that anxiety can do that. Hope this helps.

Take care
Jules

Laurie28
21-04-04, 11:49
Sadie,

I know your results will be fine!!! Keep us posted.

You have possibly explored this option before with migraines but...
I have been reading about e numbers alot (oldest son playing up something horrible) and i noticed alot of e numbers are linked to migraines. As i said you have probably explored this but what about a food diary and checking out e numbers that have been linked to migraines

Just a thought .....

lucky

sadie
21-04-04, 19:30
To all,

Thanks everyone for your advice and support, it helps so much.
Today the headaches haven't been as bad, which is good as I have managed to stay focussed etc today at work.

I am wondering though...my teeth are giving me a lot of pain, particulary all my back ones and I think this caused be the root cause of my headches etc.. I am a teeth cruncher and that doesnt help too much.

Lucky - I did try to keep a food diary before but it got very complicated to actually identify what food could be causing the headaches and which ones were not. My sister has mentioned to me that there is a book on migraine recipes which I think I will try to see if that helps....anything is worth a go.

Anyway, thanks all again for your help..it was appreciated.

Hope you are doing ok.

sadie

Laurie28
22-04-04, 11:50
Sadie,

If u type in e numbers in yahoo (or whatever your choice of search facility!!) then it gives you a few sites that actually tell you what e numbers are linked to migraines. Perhaps avoiding these e-numbers for a wee while will help((??) possibly easier than keeping a food diary and trying to guess what is making you ill.

lucky

diana
22-04-04, 20:38
Hiya Sadie,

Sorry to hear you are still having those horrid headaches/migraines.

I too have had bouts with them at times and they are terrible are`nt they?

Mine were diagnosed as "ICE PIC" Migraines. Whatever that is??? I just know they hurt like heck.

I too have TMJ coincidentally. I get the teeth pain, jaw pain and stress/tension neck and head pain.

I know it is scary, but like others posted I believe if your tests showed something out of the ordinary they would have had you come in immediately.

So in this case maybe no news is good news. :)

Well atleast in the sense that it is nothing life threatening. So now you and your GP can get to the root of the problem and you can get some relief hopefully soon.

I also grind my teeth in the night whilst sleeping I am told by the dentist, that causes some of my head and jaw pain.

I hope this has helped you a bit, and I hope you are feeling a bit better today.

Keep us posted of the test results and your progress with treatment.

Take care dear,

Diana xxxx

sadie
22-04-04, 20:54
Hi Diana,

My migraines have gotten a bit better over the last day but they just always seem to be there in the background lurking about!!

I am like Inspector Morse trying to find out whats causes them etc etc.. and to be honest I think my problem is that there is more than one trigger for mine...stress/tmj/diet/posture/computer screen at work, etc, etc,etc....the list could go on and on.

My goal is to sort out all the triggers and maybe only experience a migraine once a month/year/lifetime then that would be great!!!

What are my chances of that????

Lucky - I took your advice and searched 'e numbers' and came across a very interesting website on e mumbers and the role they play with migraines. I have printed it out so I can use some of the advise, so thankyou very much. I know it was pretty sinmple but I never thought to search this.

Anyway, still waiting on the MRI results...maybe they will be here tommorrow. Will keep you posted.

Take care

sadie

sadie
24-04-04, 13:34
Hi all,

Finally got my MRI results through today and everything is 'NORMAL'.

Im so pleased and feel relieved!!

sadie

sarah
24-04-04, 13:46
Hiya Sadie

Thats GREAT news!!! A big weight off your mind now I bet?

:D:D:D:D:D

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

nomorepanic
24-04-04, 18:17
Sadie

Nice one - great news for you. Must have taken a load of your mind now that it is all clear.

As for Migraines, I am sure that Lloyds Chemist do these little info books on them (amongst other things). I think they cost a couple of pounds. Do you have a LLoyds near you. If not, then I may be able to get one for you and post it. I am not sure what advice it has but I will have a nosy next time I am in to see if it is worth buying or not.

Nicola

kate
24-04-04, 21:29
Hiya Sadie,

Really pleased to hear your news.

Take care

Kate x :D

Rennie1989
24-04-04, 22:18
Great news sadie

At least thats of ur chest now

Scooter Girl

stimpy
24-04-04, 22:33
ooh Sadie I bet you feel a million dollars !

Nothing like the word "normal" to put your mind at rest.
Which means only one thing, you aren't suffering from a brain tumour, so the migranes must be caused by something else.

Food is usually a factor, with me it's cheese. But coffee, sugar and food additives are main culprits too.

Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

sadie
25-04-04, 13:11
Thanks everyone for your support.

Liz - as for feeling a million dollars....I wish I did feel like that but I am very pleased all is well with my brain!!!

Nic - Im sure there is a Lloyds chemist somewhere near me but I usually just go to Boots, I will have a check on the Web for the nearest one and see if I can get the book your talking about. Thanks for the tip.

Speak to you all soon..

sadie

benoo5
25-04-04, 22:49
hi sadie,ime sooo sorry,ive been so selfish,with my own problems,i havent been here,to see your posts....ime really happy for you,the scan was all clear,now you know for sure,that you can overcome your anxieties,as there just negative thoughts,that you just have to replace with positive ones....really pleased for you....bryan xxx.

Jules31
26-04-04, 11:07
Sadie

Big hugs for you. I'm so pleased the results were good.

Jules

diana
26-04-04, 15:59
Hiya Sadie,

GREAT NEWS FOR YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooo glad that there is nothing seriously wrong.

Now to find out what exactly is causing those awful migranes ey?

I wish you luck in pin pointing the cause of the migranes.

Keep us posted on your progress.

A big weight lifted off of your mind, and now one less obstacle to overcome. :)

Take care dear,

Diana xxxx

sadie
26-04-04, 19:38
Thanks Jules, Bryan and Diana...

It is definetly another thing scored off my worrying list for sure..in fact a huge weight has just been lifted!!

Migraines are still here but atleast I know its nothing serious thats causing them now...

Bryan - its great to here from you again, I have definetly missed your funny posts and good advice...hope to chat soon. I hope your big move wasnt too stressful and all is well with you!! Keep in touch matey.

sadie

diana
26-04-04, 22:08
Heya Bryan,

Sorry I was`nt aware of your moving.

I hope all is well.

I too have missed your witty posts and great advice. :)

Take care,

Diana xxxx

benoo5
27-04-04, 00:41
thanks sadie...will be in touch soon.

nice to hear from you diana...hope your keeping well.

best wishes.....bryan.

diana
27-04-04, 19:16
Hiya Bryan,

Thanks, I am doing as well as can be expected, but alot better than I was a few short months ago.

I just remember you sharing your stories about your daughter and I know I will make it as you have.

Hopefully I come out on the other side with the sense of humor you have about it all. :)

I figure I can spend the rest of my days crying about my recent experiences or laugh about them. I choose to laugh and move on.

Thanks for all of your support and advice through my daughter reaking havok on my life. :)

I hope all is well with you.

Keep us posted won`t you?

Take care matey,

Diana xxxx

gina wheeler
05-02-09, 14:05
Hi all,

Just need your help and support as I have received the appointment for my MRI scan which is 19th March and I am already started to feel worried about it.

I am worried firstly because I am claustraphobic(Sorry about spelling) and am worried I take a PA whilst im in the tube thing!! Secondly, what if they find there is something really wrong with my brain...maybe they will actually find one..lol.:D

However, on the otherhand, maybe I wont take a PA and maybe the results will come back clear and that all my headaches are just migraines as originally thought!!!

I am trying to feel ok about it but, I do feel really anxious about it. Has anyone else been for an MRI scan and can offer some kind words to help me through it??:)

sadie

Hi Sadie

There is nothing to worry about with the MRI scan. My sister has panic attacks quite frequently and she felt ok, I told her to think of different things and it helps. With the headaches, I also had to have an MRI scan, which proved nothing, until I insisted that I wanted to go to the London Migraine Clinic and have them assess me. The Clinic is run by staff who suffer from migraine headaches. Within 1 month I was diagnosed as having classic migraines and also sinus headaches. I was put on the miracle drug IMIGRAN, once I started taking this, I have maybe 1 migraine a year. Please do not be scared, you can ask if you can take an ipod with you and listen to music.

Hope all goes well.:yesyes: