PDA

View Full Version : Update.

RobyBaggio18
08-02-06, 17:00
Haven't posted in a while so here's an update.

I'm slowly chugging along in recovery. I can notice how far Ive come in the last 3 months, I am now taking driving lessons again, I now look forward to going out at the weekends, before I'd prefer to be at work. I've ended a difficult relationship that I believed was standing in my way of progress as the rows were too much. We're still friends though. I'm looking at other employment avenues as I'm bored stiff most of the day.

My symptoms are still there, especially difficult in the mornings having that 'startled bunny' feeling with all the adrenalin.

I'm also reading an NLP book, which is fascinating and really helpful with anxiety

Exercise is a massive help, takes the edge off the symptoms even if only in the short term

Overall things are starting to improve, hopefully I'll get to a point when the anxiety is not there and I'll be free again!!! :D

Mark.

emmy
08-02-06, 17:23
thats great to hear well done on it all youve done brill.. keep it up and be proud of your self..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

tracyp584
08-02-06, 17:23
Hey Mark,

A HUGE well done! That is great news, keep it up!

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

seh1980
08-02-06, 17:51
[Wow!] well done!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

trac67
08-02-06, 18:22
Mark,

Well done on such a positive post, it was great to read how well you are doing.

Keep on thinking the way you are and you will definatley beat the anxiety.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

alexis
08-02-06, 19:10
Hi Mark, a very big well done to you.:D

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

Keitharcher
08-02-06, 19:56
Mark

great news and well done on your progress

Keith

Trev
08-02-06, 23:23
Mark, you are sounding so much better. Well done with the progress. Keep up the exercise. Hope it's all consigned to history fairly soon. I'm sure it'll gradually go. Just don't try and force it.

Cheers,
Trev :D

RobyBaggio18
09-02-06, 16:46
Thanks for the encouragement.

As I said earlier the hardest part seems to be in the morning and leaving work, which both involve a fair distance travelling.

I don't believe I have anything in my way now except the symptoms, as other issues in my life have been solved.

I am still receving support through my hypnotherapist, but I'll cut that down to every 2 weeks rather then every week and see how I go from there.

Mark.

Meg
09-02-06, 18:09
That's all such positive news so really well done Roby.

Meg xx

nomorepanic
09-02-06, 21:23
Mark

A huge well done and I hope things continue to improve.

Great news

Nicola

feege
10-02-06, 22:32
That's really brilliant:D:D:D

Thanks for letting us share your success and giving us all hope!

xxx

fee
xx

RobyBaggio18
14-02-06, 22:26
A bit of a downer post to add to my success story. I had my final appointment tonight from my hypnotherapist and then knocked it on the head.

He said that I was resisiting the work he was doing and he saw no point in taking any more money from me. (nice of him to be honest). We've checked everything for an underlying anxiety cause and still this stumped him. He said that he'd failed on my part. Imagine how this made me feel.

I mentioned to him about being anxious about being anxious and he was having none of it, I dont think he's heard of Claire Weekes!!!

Ive made progress in the last few months but now my heads a bit of a mess to be honest.

(a confused) Mark. :(

Keitharcher
15-02-06, 20:07
mark

Dont be disapointed in the hypnotherapist though I think its a brilliant method of treatment I also think that its not for some people. For it to work properly you have to trust them implicity and put yourself in theor hands. You obviously are the type who likes to thinks through so maybe a counsellor would be more in keeping with your needs. Keep up the recovery

Keith

RobyBaggio18
15-02-06, 20:24
Im receiving counselling (when available) through the NHS, its only half an hour at a time though.

I'm not giving up, I thought about it today and maybe I'm just not ready to jump over that final hurdle yet. Unfortunately I think recovery is going to be gradual for me as it was before. Im starting to put the right elements in place, sometimes it all goes awry and I lose sight of my goal of recovery.

Im rambling now......

trac67
16-02-06, 11:27
Hi Mark,

The important thing is to never give up, and to never lose sight of your goal, sometimes it just takes longer to get to where you want to go, but you will get there.

Take things a step at a time, never push yourself too hard, and always remember the saying 'don't run before you can walk'.

You have achieved a lot of positives in the past few months, so keep up the good work hun.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

RobyBaggio18
16-02-06, 13:02
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Mark,

The important thing is to never give up, and to never lose sight of your goal, sometimes it just takes longer to get to where you want to go, but you will get there.

Take things a step at a time, never push yourself too hard, and always remember the saying 'don't run before you can walk'.

You have achieved a lot of positives in the past few months, so keep up the good work hun.

Take care
Trac xx

<div align="right">Originally posted by trac67 - 16 February 2006 : 11:27:56</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

thanks, I know things will get better in the end.

I'm just wondering now what support I need, I can't afford private counselling or CBT and the counselling through the NHS is only every two weeks for a half hour session so its not much help. But maybe I should do things my own way, after all no one knows me better than me.

trac67
16-02-06, 14:36
Hi Mark,

Carry on with the counselling, and the positive thinking and with the support of the forum, you will be able to do it by yourself hun.

You will soon be posting another success story.

Take care

Trac xx

RobyBaggio18
17-02-06, 13:17
On a positive note the mornings are becoming easier, I'm able to get two buses instead of a taxi. Ive quit looking for outside cures now, the only cure is within me.

Ive got groin strain from the gym so ive been moaning all morning!!!! Hurts like hell.

trac67
17-02-06, 13:28
Mark,

Didn't anyone tell you, that isnt what you are supposed to do at the gym!!!

Your supposed to go there to get fit, not injure yourself[}:)]

Hope it gets better soon.

Take care
Trac xx

RobyBaggio18
17-02-06, 13:34
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Mark,

Didn't anyone tell you, that isnt what you are supposed to do at the gym!!!

Your supposed to go there to get fit, not injure yourself[}:)]

Hope it gets better soon.

Take care
Trac xx

<div align="right">Originally posted by trac67 - 17 February 2006 : 13:28:00</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Thanks.

Ive been walking like John Wayne all morning, looking well attractive.

Maybe showing off doing leg crunches naked is slightly over the top then?

trac67
17-02-06, 13:38
Mark,

I agree, just slightly over the top hun LOL, have they banned you from the gym now then ;)

Trac xx

RobyBaggio18
17-02-06, 13:54
Only when I ventured into the female sauna.

To be honest Ive got nothing to show off, I just forgot my shorts!!

trac67
17-02-06, 13:58
And of course you did both those things by accident didnt you;)

I believe that, loads wouldnt though LOL [xx(]

Trac xx