PDA

View Full Version : Strange Feelings...advise please

poppyfields
05-06-10, 10:59
Hi

i was just wondering if anyone else suffers from symptoms i have been experiencing lately.

I have been feeling like i have a 'pushing down' pressure in my head, it seems to start from the moment i wake up, also i have been feeling my heart racing and although it skips a beat and feeling light headed.

I went to docs last week, she took my blood pressure etc and said it was fine and checked my pulse which was ok too.

I have also felt weakness in my arms and noticed that in the evenings (not every night though) my tongue has felt as though it is burnt around the end of it even though i havent ate anything hot or spicy.....i have increased my fluid intake when i get this feeling but it doesn't seem to ease it and i feel i cant be bothered to do anything and have little or no energy! The recent warm weather we have experienced doesn't seem to help either, it makes me more tired and i feel breathless when its warm outside and in the house.

Doctor said this could all be anxiety related dry/sore tongue, palpitations, heavy feeling in my head, arm weakness etc but i am still worried about these symptoms..

does anyone else feel like this??

Meltdown
05-06-10, 12:20
Your symptoms sound like typical anxiety/panic to me. Particularly the skipped beats etc.

The current warm weather in the UK is not helping. Even my wife (who does not suffer from panic disorder) has been noticing more palpitations than normal, although she shrugs them off, and they don't seem to bother her. Wish I could do the same!