PDA

View Full Version : Even if your winning it comes back?

DavidJ85
05-06-10, 19:09
Last few weeks I have been pretty much fine keeping my anxiety at bay. Learnt lots of new things from my CBT therapist and have done lots of things I wouldn't ever dream of doing.

However out of the blue, even though I feel like I'm slowly beating it it just comes back with a vengance. Random negative weird horrible thoughts that fill me with fear and then it won't let up.

Then I think oh god I've forgotten what my CBT therapist has said how to cope as it's been so long since I've felt this bad and I genuinely cannot function again.

Feel like I can't control my emotions, everything I look at I look at in a sad sensitive way and negative thoughts fill my head. If a weird thought or vision pops into my mind I fear it and have a panic attack argggh!

How do we beat this curse.....I thought I was beating it I really did! :weep:

andrew
05-06-10, 23:25
Hi DavidJ85,

I dont think I can control my emotions either but I have got some control over the way I react to them.

It sounds like you believed you were making progress, well done. Because you felt anxious again, it really doesnt mean you not making progress. Dont give up hope. Stay positive. Carry on with the cbt.

take care

Going home
05-06-10, 23:38
Don't think of them as setbacks David, just as blips. These episodes are not a step back, just a step sideways. It happens to every one of us, and the key is not to let it get you down. The thing with us anxies is that we hate the anxiety so much that we want it gone completely, but thats not possible because our nervous system makes us react to certain thoughts or actions by giving us anxiety, its a very natural reaction. Try to accept that its part of life and when you can accept it a little more it won't be so severe.

Regards
Anna xx :)

DavidJ85
06-06-10, 00:53
It just feels so stupid like I'm fighting another part of me which makes me feel even stranger.

For instance let's say I suddenly think I'm terrified of the dark, yet I know I'm not a part of me is saying I am and that is so stupid it worries me so I can't work out what's going on it my head.

Does that sound totally mad or what?

I only feel like that when my anxiety is kicking in and when it's in full effect I always feel teary or welling up.

What is this all about?

Going home
06-06-10, 01:28
David, I don't suffer with it myself, but from what ive read about it on here, it sounds like you could be in a bit of an OCD loop just now. Thats just another manifestation of anxious thoughts, but from what you're saying here this is what it sounds like. look up the OCD info on the forum and see if it might be what you're feeling at the moment.

Anna xxx