PDA

View Full Version : Hi im new

heather xx
05-06-10, 20:37
Hi,
My name is heather im 24 and have suffered with health anxity since i can remember. From checking the light to see if my eyes hurt if i had a headache to checking my pulse to see if it was 'normal'
Since new year my HA has been getting worse i was ill with a chest infection and it made me have problems with my breathing. I saw a doctor when i was convinced i had a heart problem as my fingernails turned blue i even contemplated sucicde.
I have since started CBT i was doing so great got out of my depression rather quick and had no symptoms. However i recently starting getting period type pains after i had my period at first i thought i was pregnant as i have 2 gorgeous little girls already. They since have been coming back but going after a few days this time they have stayed and its been about 2 weeks. I have been to my doctor and i nearly had a panic attack in her room but she was fantastic with me she examined me and said shes 100% sure its not ovarian cancer which i decided what it was she told me ovulation pain. If i wanted a scan she would get me one. I declined as she said she wouldnt recomend it. She told me to carry on with my CBT and talk to my therapist.

I just cant shift that niggling feeling somthings not quite right its quite frankly doing me head in....am i about to die of somthing undetected maybe its cervical cancer but my periods are fine no bleeding other than i should be just this lower belly pain. I also cant seem to poo as much as i do normaly. Sorry for the tmi

Thanks for listening any advice would be greatfull :)

vicky23
05-06-10, 21:14
hi Heather welcome to the boards, I'm 23 and have similar problems to you with health anxiety, I went through a stage worrying that I was having a heart attack, my HA changes in form, at the mo I'm not so worried about my heart. I think that the biggest thing that helped me is knowing the intense physical symptoms anxiety brings on and that LOADS of people have more or less exactly the same symptoms and thought processes as me.
So I guess the only advice I can give is to keep telling yourself you're just experiencing a 'sensation' not a symptom just accept it and let it pass knowing that you're not ill as the Dr said so

AbbaDionysius
06-06-10, 20:58
Most humble greetings. :)

I can certainly relate to the changing nature of your HA; mine tends to be that way as well, although mostly it is centered around my neck/throat area. It is odd how we can fixate on odd areas and get ourselves into a real state.

Talking and sharing with others does help, I have found, and CBT can be very successful as well. Hang in there, and be patient with yourself; find a middle way that works best for you in coping; we tend to be too easy or too hard on ourselves, and either extreme stresses ourselves out something awful.

:hugs:

heather xx
06-06-10, 22:01
Thanks so much to you both. My legs are really achy tonight and that niggly thought is still there thinking the two are connected not due to the fact ive been at work for 8 hours that i dont usually do!!!!! Then went round my sisters and played with the kids all evening!! GRRRRRR cant wait to go to bed!!

clairelouis
06-06-10, 22:08
hi im new to this too, im 27, and mines been happening for the last 2 mths n i feel its completly taking over my life, the more i try n fight it the harder it seems. im at the stage where i worry about going out, incase it happens, i was wondering how long uv been experiencing urs for? n if uve got any good tips to try and beat this? has anyone tried a hypnotist? im booked in for my first session on tues, just wondering if anyone had and if theyve had good results? xx

heather xx
07-06-10, 08:36
i've always had mine for as long as i remember my Gran had HA shes now 92 and as she got older hers disapeared. My dad has HA but doesnt admit to it if you know what i mean. CBT was the best thing i could of ever done its helped me so much still a long way to go but im getting there. All be it this latest one :)

sammie23
07-06-10, 21:23
Hi Heather. My name is Sammie im 24. I to have suffered with anxciety for as long as i can remember. And i do to have great days, but also shitty days to. I have a beautiful 4 year old called Katie. She is my world :)

I just wanted to say really that the pain you are describing does sound alot like ovulation pain. As women we will find that at some point we will suffer with abdominal pain, with no reason for it at all. I suppose its the joys of being a lady and having all those hormones, ovaries, tubes the lot. I have experienced alot of pain within that area to and can say that it kinda felt like period pain but didnt, if you no what i mean? Anyway i was referred for a scan.. When the scan was finished she said " You will get the results in 2 weeks"..." 2 weeks" i said? And then i broke down into tears. She said " Whats wrong love"??? I said " Im terrified i have cancer" and she hugged me and said " Well i can tell you that the scan was completley normal and you dont have cancer. And that being a women we all suffer with this type of pain but for no reason. Its just the joys of being a women".. So i smiled and went on my way....... And i think your situation is similar. Try not to worry hunni. You will be fine :)