PDA

View Full Version : New Member

meditation6
05-06-10, 20:50
Hi all.

I was diagnosed with panic disorder in middle school and since the time of my first panic attack, hyperventilating has almost ceased and been replaced with a near constant fear of dying. It's always in the back of my mind, especially when I am thinking about loved ones.

I am going to be a Junior this fall in college and am studying video production (I want to work for a news station, I think). I love my school and I have a great group of friends and a very supportive boyfriend who has helped me through a lot of my anxieties.

I found this forum about 20 minutes ago while googling if tingling in the back of my head could be associated with anxiety or if I was going to die. Haha.

Well, I found a thread here with a bunch of people who have the same sensations when they're anxious and I could not have been happier to find this forum. The page I looked at before this one was an anxiety help page, but it also told you absolutely everything that could be wrong with you (how is that helpful? haha) So, I've been feeling anxious for about 4 days with this head thing and I hope that I can find some reassurance on this page.

And I know that anxiety and depression tend to be linked, but I have been having (for a couple years) some depression (usually worse in the summer for some reason) but I have no idea if I'm actually depressed or if I should do anything about it. I don't know at this point if I want to be on any medications (mostly because I would have to admit to myself and others that I get depressed, which I find almost embarrassing). Does anyone have any suggestions of how to cheer up? I sometimes get in slumps of very low self esteem. I know sunshine is good, but is there anything else anyone does to boost their mood without antidepressants?

diane07
05-06-10, 20:52
Hi meditation6

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.