PDA

View Full Version : Heart beat

meditation6
05-06-10, 21:17
Hi,

I have a lot of anxiety centered around my heart and chest. My main symptom when I am anxious is horrible chest pain.

Whenever I am laying down with my boyfriend (anxious or not, usually not) he comments on how fast my resting heart rate is.

I will agree that it does seem to be higher than his and seems to be high when I press my hand to my chest. Does anyone else have a higher heartbeat than normal?

Also, I sometimes have heart palpitations when I am very anxious. Only one every few weeks though.

MrsJaredLeto
05-06-10, 21:23
I have a naturally fast pulse, anything between 60 and 100 is normal my cardiologist told me.
Palps are normal, happen to everyone but only really noticed by anxiety sufferers, I too have massive heart fears, but I do have an arrythmia.
Go see gp for an ECG just to put ya mibd at ease, but it all sounds good to me.

PokerFace
06-06-10, 12:09
With one of my exes when he used to lay his head on my chest he'd ALWAYS say "wow your hearts really pounding what are you thinking about?" and I was jus like "what? nothing?" I didn't suffer with anxiety back then so I just completely ignored it and it didn't bother me in the slightest. Some people just have faster heart beats than others and it's nothing to worry about. My resting heart beat is always 80+ and it must have been back then too. I've had a lot of ECGs and everythings come back normal, so really is nothing to worry about!

meditation6
06-06-10, 17:01
Thanks guys. It's good to know that I don't have to really worry about that at this time. :)

Typer
06-06-10, 20:10
My resting heart rate is often fast and other times feels too slow - I am sure its affected mainly by worry