PDA

View Full Version : anxiety getting worse

gabbyevs
05-06-10, 23:18
ive posted on the the medicine thread but i thought id post here too

ive felt very anxiouss lately to the point i cant even make a sandwich with gettin stressed over it i dont know if its general or wot
my seroxat seemed to stop working the beginning of this year so i went onto to effexor which has made it worse

my doctor is useless and has now given me dosulepin which im relectant to takeas it says it makes u sleep which i dont have aproblem with at the moment i sleep allthe time

i need help but dont know where to turn really

i suffer from vertigo aswell which makes everything twice as hard to do as my head is pinning all day

im at the end of all hope really and very down over it all

ann01
05-06-10, 23:31
Hi gabby sorry can't help you with regards to medication as I don't take any, but I do suffer constant anxiety which is made a whole lot worse with frequent dizzy spells and vertigo, I am more or less constantly feel like I'm walking on a boat and feel lightheaded a lot too, which puts me in a constant state of anxiety and makes going out side difficult for me as I have this in the house as well.
Good luck with your new medication.

gabbyevs
05-06-10, 23:35
thanks ann:)

its a horrible feeling isnt it the dizzines it only started for me about last august or so i took some pills which made it worse but since then the doctor hasnt even asked if its gone or anything

andrew
05-06-10, 23:38
Hi Gabbyevs,

Wishing you some support, try not to lose hope. Maybe you just need to give it a bit of time for those new meds to settle in. Take care

gabbyevs
05-06-10, 23:50
thanks andrew-im a bit too scared to switch to them atm

andrew
06-06-10, 00:07
youre welcome, have you not asked your Dr to arrange any therapy for you?

JaneC
06-06-10, 00:37
Hi Gabby, really sympathise about the vertigo. I've had labyrinthitis a couple of times and it made me very anxious. I've been on both dosulepin and another tricyclic at various times and although they made me very drowsy at the start, it didn't last more than a week - and I'm sure not everybody suffers that as a side effect. I'm wondering if cognitive behavioural therapy might be a good thing for you, though. Hope you find something that helps, whatever way. x

gabbyevs
12-06-10, 19:53
hi all
so sorry for not replying i didnt get a notification-

no my doctor when ichanged to her jsut said oh youre on pills ok didnt say much else

i have been taking them for a week nearly now im still very drowsy although not as bad as the first two days-funny enough though theyre not helping me go to sleep at night just have an effect the next day

anyway i'll see how it goes then ive got to try and change doctors hope they dont ask me why i just cant confront people and say wot i feel face to face or even on the phone

andrew
12-06-10, 21:42
Hi Gabby,

Well hopefully the medication will be helping you soon enough. I would advise you to try and get some counselling therapy as well. Good luck changing your Doctor. Take care

gabbyevs
28-06-10, 18:51
well its been nearly 4 weeks now and i couldnt feel worse-im constantly dizzy i fel anxious and im crying all the time-im scared to go back to my doc as previously posted shes not very nice and makes me feel like i shouldnt be there

i supose i will have to try and see someone else i cant go on like this shouldnt these pills ahve made me feel better by now? i wish id never bothered trying new ones its jsut been a disaster

mumoftwo
28-06-10, 19:27
Hi Gabby,

My dr put me on 75mg of effexor 6 weeks ago, it didnt make any difference so he upped the dose to 150mg 3 weeks ago........still no difference. Ive to go see my pdoc at the beginning of August so il see what he says. I know where you are coming from as these are my 3rd AD in a year and a half and im at the end of my rope.

id change my dr if i were you and then get referred to your local mental health to see a pdoc, they know more (hoefully).

Im anxious 24/7 and have to go on holiday on Wednesday and im dreading it.

You have all my sympathy, go and fight for yourself where your drrs concerned, cuz no one else will

Good Luck

Mumoftwo xxx

gabbyevs
28-06-10, 20:44
hi mum

thanks for replying-do you know how long it takes to get referred- saw someone years ago but cant remember how long it took-i really am bad atm i cnt seem to express myself to doctors though i always put on a front when i go and see them i cant explain how i feel

gabbyevs
30-06-10, 13:25
im going tomorrow the best i could get was to see a locum

they ummed and arrged about that aswell when i phoned up if i cant change doctors completely im going to leave

andrew
30-06-10, 20:30
Hi Gabbyevs,

Try writing down what you want to say or maybe taking somebody with you. Good luck tomorrow.

gabbyevs
01-07-10, 12:26
i dont know if im allowed to do this but i put what happend at the doc today on my other thread so heres the link-instead of repeating myself

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=678345#post678345

thanks for listening everyone i dont know what i would have done will update you all when i go back

simona57
01-07-10, 15:54
hm , sounds like you are in the same situation as I was few weeks back. Your symptoms describes that you are suffering from anxiety and needs to be taken care. I followed advise of a Anxiety expert who pulled me out of this hell. I advise you to consult a good one at the earliest and live the better way!
:lac:

gabbyevs
01-07-10, 18:49
hi simona

i wish i knew where to find one!

gabbyevs
24-07-10, 19:10
im getting worse i dont know what to do anymore i dont want to go out anywhere im literally sick over the thought of it-i went to the bank yesterday and nearly had tot urn back becaue i couldnt cope-i was so relived when i got home

noone understands i have noone to talk to i never want to go out again