PDA

View Full Version : Sleep

Bill
06-06-10, 04:17
I've heard that lack of sleep or no sleep is bad for you and it can greatly affect anxiety levels but which of the following is more important for good long term health? The time you get off to sleep or the number of hours sleep you manage daily whatever time you get to sleep?

What I mean is, someone could get to sleep at 11pm and sleep until 7am. Someone could get to sleep at 11am and sleep until 7pm. Same amount of hours sleep so which is healthier if either or doesn't the actual time matter providing you get enough sleep daily?

I've not heard of any study on it and considering my own circumstances it made me wonder what the answer is, not that it matters. There's nothing I can do about it anyway so what will be will be! Just curious, that's all.:shrug:

Baggs
06-06-10, 10:24
In my opinion, good quality sleep is more important that the number of hours sleep. I sleep for long enough but it's very restless sleep and I wake up feeling knackered. But I have no idea what to do about it. All the best. Baggs.

zippy
06-06-10, 12:26
If i dont take sleeping tablets i dont sleep a wink at all and even with sleeping tabs i only sleep about 3-4 hrs. Its getting me down. x

onceagain
06-06-10, 16:59
I may be wrong but I thought that sleeping at night was healthier as this is when the natural human body clock allows us to repair itself. I guess any sleep has got to be beneficial but our body clock is has a built in mode whereby it actually does start to turn itself off at night

Going home
06-06-10, 18:41
I agree that the quality of sleep is important and they do say that even a few hours of night sleep is much better than 7 or 8 hours in the day. We supposedly go into a deeper sleep at night which rest us better. People who work nights say that even though they can sleep the day away they never feel that theyve really slept.

Hope your sleep pattern improves soon Bill.

Anna xxx

Bill
07-06-10, 03:08
Thank you for your replies.:hugs:

It's a question I've often wondered about but whatever the answer is I can't see myself being allowed to sleep nights and that's that really. Thank you for your thoughts on it.:hugs:

Joellie
07-06-10, 21:13
Well i think it depends on the state of your sleep cycle as to how you are when you wake up. You could sleep 10 hours and feel shattered when waking up because your sleep goes in cycles of 4 hours. And during which you go through stages. So if you wake up at the end of the cycle you should be fine but if you wake up in the middle (REM sleep) then you will be really tired and groggy :)

Bill
08-06-10, 04:43
Mmm, interesting! Thank you sweet Joellie.:hugs: