PDA

View Full Version : Hi All - New Member

Electric Blue
06-06-10, 11:04
Hey there everyone,

I've been suffering from anxiety since I was a teenager.

When I get small symptoms I tend to think the absolute worst. I've convinced myself a number of times that I have cancer and it makes me absolutely miserable =( I try to convince myself it's simply anxiety and to try not to dwell on it, but it's so hard...

I had headaches a few weeks ago, which went away on their own. But then came back 2 weeks later! The headaches stuck around for a few days so I went to the doctor as I was freaking out it could be something serious like a brain tumor, he diagnosed it as depression and stress and has now referred me to see a psychologist to try and change the way I think...but that won't be for another 2 weeks as I work full time =(

My headaches have seemed to have eased, although I now have pressure in between my eyebrows and pain behind my left eye, which comes and goes.

I feel just fine when I first wake up in the mornings...but as the day goes on I start thinking about it and the symptoms return.

I do find when I take a shower/ bath my symptoms seem to ease, probably because I am relaxed.

Anyways, thought it might be a good idea to join this forum to get some tips on how to manage my anxiety.

My fiancée has been so supportive, I often feel sorry for him because he has to put up with my irrational thoughts...

Looking forward to have some freedom from anxiety, take care all.

~ Electric Blue

diane07
06-06-10, 11:05
Hi Electric Blue

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Tia Maria
06-06-10, 18:54
Hi Electric Blue
Your're headaches are almost certainly due to stress and your constant worrying. I get tension headaches with symptoms that resemble yours and these only occur when I start to worry. I finally got around to shouting at myself to take a couple of paracetamol and forget about it - it does work but you have to 'talk to yourself' very firmly. If you want to chat then PM me. Regards Maria

Electric Blue
06-06-10, 22:02
Thanks Maria, much appreciated =)

I'm pretty certain it's all stress related headaches as well, just trying to get myself to convince that 100% is the hard part!

Cheers,
Electric Blue

Veronica H
07-06-10, 08:03
:welcome:to NMP. This is a friendly place with great information and support.

Veronicax

Raindog
07-06-10, 09:20
Hi EB
Welcome to NMP and those headaches sound pretty much like the ones I get with my anxiety, they've eased of a fair bit since my meds began working but stress headaches are common with anxiety of any kind.

Hope you find plenty of good advice and support here, it's helped me quite a bit.

Electric Blue
08-06-10, 12:03
Thanks for the friendly welcomes :)

I should probably give you an update on the pressure in between my eyes I was feeling..it's sure to get a laugh :tongue:

I was worried about this pressure I was getting in between my eyes... so worried to the point my headache came back.

Anyways, Sunday night I had some pain killers and went to bed.
I woke up Monday morning and I felt some pain in between my eyes, I touched it and well...a massive pimple has come up and boy doesn't it hurt...and the pressure I was feeling has now gone...

My fiancée thought it was amusing hahaha

So since Monday I've been feeling good :) much to my relief no more headaches or pressure in between my eyes, just one sore pimple.

My anxiety tends to come and go, so I still got a long way to go to learn to manage it.

JT69
08-06-10, 15:14
Hi Electric blue,

Welcome to NMP...brilliant site with lots of friendly helpfull people who know what you are going through.

Take care.
Jo.xx

Raindog
08-06-10, 15:30
You got a stress pimple eh :D