PDA

View Full Version : Im So So scared today i think i have MS

tashbarnes87
06-06-10, 17:38
Hi all, i have been on this site for a loooooooooong time now. I have been doing fine for the past 6 months and finally thought i had my life back. I am 29 weeks pregnant & for the past 2 days i can feel my usual fears creeping back in due to very real symptoms i feel that cant be put down to anxiety as my anxiety has been fine for 6 months.

I have had a burning tongue on the left side since march last year, its so painful & it all started 2 weeks after i had my son- I have since read that MS flares ups are very common after childbirth. I also coicided with a trip to the dentist & a breast lump which caused my anxiety to go through the roof. This used to be everyday but started to go away for a week & then return. i could never link it to anything like allergies etc & it recently went away for 3 months so i thought it had gone only to return this week & now all my anxiety has come back. I swore to myself i would never google again & i really believe this is why i have been doing so well in the past 6 months but today i have been searching things like ' MS & burning mouth' and found hundreds of people complaining of it. I have also been googling life expectancy & have spent the day in a state of worry & sadness

I used to twitch all the time maybe 20 - 50times an hour, i saw my GP & he thought it was BFS & i tried to believe him & after i did the twitches started to go & i now very rarely feel them. BUT i get a scary as hell 'twitch' that feels like someone twanging elastic across my right boob. I only get this when i am hot or sweaty & again this went away & has come back with the burning tongue. I am aware that again this is common in people with MS as symptoms tend to come & go etc.

I am petrified i have it & i just cant function today, my burning tongue has me so so worried & the doctors dont know what causes it. Im at a really low point & cant help but think i have 20 years left. Also i have read the most common age to be diagnosed is 23 & i am 22 :weep:

I really need some advice but please dont put my symptomsdown to anxiety as i know my anxiety has been fine for 6 months & i didnt even think about MS x x

tashbarnes87
07-06-10, 09:04
anyone? 50 people have read & no one has commented :(

randomworry
07-06-10, 11:01
hi tash im sure you dont have MS.........you should distract yourself to help reduce the symptoms.

Gazman
09-06-10, 18:30
Hey Tash,

I haven't been around for a while as i'm no longer suffering from health anxiety (not much anyway ;) ) but just wanted to say i'm still twitching all over everyday but now the anxiety is massively reduced the amount of twitches have decreased to maybe 50 - 100 twitches a day :) (it'll be my 1 year twitcharoo anniversary in september lol)

I had a burning tongue for months and unfortunately it seems to be one of those things that the doctors don't know what the cause is, however the doc prescribed me an oral rinse called Difflam Oral Rinse (Benzydamine hdrochloride) which i found works a treat, I still use it every now and again when the burning soreness comes back.

Another thing - do you ever notice if you rub your tongue on your teeth alot? This can cause a burning tongue sensation and people often don't realise they do it, thats what a doc told me anyway...

I don't think you have MS at all, 9 times out of 10 people complain of weakness or extreme dizzyness, i'm no doc of course but your symptoms seem too mild ( i know the twitching and burning is still very hard to cope with though)

You'll get through this again, look foward to your new baby
- Gazman

tashbarnes87
10-06-10, 14:02
thanks gazman im glad to hear you are doing well xx

LisaLisa
10-06-10, 15:48
Tash Hi

I know where you are. I have been the exact same for about two days now. Ifeel like i have plunged right back into hiv fear. The full works almost all over again.

Do you think maybe your hormones are making yuo feel like this? I would think that your symptoms are much less than your anxiety is making you beleive!

Do you feel like you are obsessing , in that do you feel like your behaving oddly? I notice that this happens when my anxiety peaks and i used to think that i was obsessing becuase i was worried but now i realise that i worry becuase i am obsessing....if that makes any sense?

Lisa
xxx

tashbarnes87
10-06-10, 18:44
Hi Lisa, so sorry to hear your having a crap time and yes i have become obsessive again :( i learnt about something that they do to test for MS & it involves bending your chin to your chest & now i cant stop it :(

Im not sure if hormones started all of this burning tongue etc. It was 6 weeks after i had my son, i had just found the dreaded lump in my boob & my anxiety was through the roof.

bah!!!!!!!! i hate it!! Its never just an eye twitch its MS, its never just a tingly foot its MS etc! x

joyce1980
11-06-10, 07:40
AH man I am so sorry to hear your symptoms flared up again.

I guess the only thing left to do is go and see a neuro like i did :( I felt so silly but he helped me.

and no I didnt have ms although I WAS CONVINCED !!!!!

I went back on aropax and im pretty much better, you know how I feel about meds hahahaha

I am sending you the biggest freaking hug ever as you are so brave, you have been battling this for a very long time now matey

tashbarnes87
11-06-10, 12:35
thanks hun, im sure my pregnancy hormones dont help. I cant bring myself to see a neuro plus my doctor doesnt think i need to. I just had a FBC & it came back as slightly anemic but everything else was ok so i guess thats one thing x

joyce1980
13-06-10, 12:42
I know that your mind wont let you trust what your DR is saying but man im telling if MS only gave you the little symptoms you are experiencing then MS would not be a problem to people who actually have it,

The simple truth is that ms really stops your legs and muscles from working in a BIG way, never just twitching and stuff. If you had ms you would certainly know it
And your Dr would not miss the signs:hugs:

tashbarnes87
17-06-10, 15:13
thanks so much joyce, my doctor wants me to try CBT to get over the fear. We will see. I may decide on anti anxiety meds once bubba number 2 is born. HOws your little one doing? xx