PDA

View Full Version : Just Been Offered.............

StandFree1903
06-06-10, 21:06
2 day work experience in the newsroom at Kingdom FM on the 27th & 28th July at 10am till 2pm both days :), my career prospects are looking up :D

Workplace Doctors
06-06-10, 21:19
Congratulation!!! Good for you!!!! And well done!

If you are focused then you always succeed in the end, persistance is the key to most things in life!!!

Baggs
06-06-10, 22:58
yayyyyyyyyyyyyy stand xxxxxxxx

eternally optimistic
06-06-10, 23:48
That sounds really exciting, good luck

StandFree1903
06-06-10, 23:57
Look out Tyrone I'm 20 steps closer to you lmao :P

Going home
07-06-10, 00:50
Well done, that's really good news. Hope it leads you to where you want to be :)

Anna xxx

Ronny
07-06-10, 04:34
Good on you mate.hope it all works out for you:yesyes:
Rhonda x

Veronica H
07-06-10, 07:34
:bighug1:will be sending you positive vibes....go for it.

Veronicax

Angie_
07-06-10, 23:27
Well done, you. Make the most of it. It will look pretty good on your CV!

andrew
08-06-10, 06:04
Good luck with this, pleased to see you pleased.

sandy35
08-06-10, 10:03
Well done Stand. Hope it goes well for you. I think the radio station will be a great experience. x

StandFree1903
08-06-10, 13:30
Thanks, I want to do it in broadcasting, but more TV work, so here's hoping for the future :). xx

JaneC
08-06-10, 13:45
Well done Pamela, hope you enjoy :hugs:

StandFree1903
08-06-10, 16:13
Thank you Jane, I cant wait to start it..... kind of scared at same time, but Im sure I'll be ok lol :D

JaneC
08-06-10, 16:22
I sure it does seem a bit scary but you will be fine. I'm sure they will be really nice to you and helpful, especially if you show lots of interest in what's going on. Just don't give the impression you know how to do their job better than they do lol, I've seen plenty of that.

You've done really well to organise this for yourself, big pat on the back. x

StandFree1903
08-06-10, 16:51
I will be going there with a very much confused look on my face dont worry. I have no idea how things are done in the newsroom n cant wait to learn :). I had to send her my CV, crap thing is i noticed a mistake in it after i sent it :(. x

StandFree1903
13-06-10, 17:47
6 weeks and 2 days to gooooooooooooo

StandFree1903
03-07-10, 16:15
I know I said I wouldnt really be back but thought I would keep you all updated on this post.

its 24 days until my work experience and Im very much prepared (I hope).

Have been full of worry, but overcome it a few times with help of good mates :).

StandFree1903
20-07-10, 23:21
Well, one week to go and Im mega excited :D.

Having alot of butterflys tho :(. and also scared i will do something wrong, but its all process of learning i guess.

StandFree1903
26-07-10, 17:00
Tomorrow is the big day.

Im scared though, I keep thinking I am going to screw it up :(.

On plus side I have applied for my HND Practical Journalism at Adam Smith College and HNC Practical Journalism at Telford College in Edinburgh. Hopefully get on one of them. To get into the HNC I only need Communication Level 4, I have Level 5 so fingers crossed :).

I just hope i do well tomorrow and atleast impress the head of news at the station to atleast give myself some credit.

andrew
26-07-10, 21:11
Good luck tomorrow, just be yourself and show your enthusiaum.

Hopefully the college course thing will work out for you as well.

Take care

JaneC
27-07-10, 01:02
Good luck! :emot-cheering:

Let us know how it goes.

StandFree1903
27-07-10, 09:09
I'm Scared lol....

Had to blimmin take sleeping tabs to sleep last night or I would be dead the day lol.

Will give you all a BIG post about it today :).

In meantime you can all read my reports/blogs on my blogger page:

http://angeldust2635.blogspot.com/

StandFree1903
27-07-10, 14:40
Im not long home from my first day of work experience. heres a wee blog bout it lol:

I got there in good time and was welcomed into open arms which was good, they are SUCH a friendly bunch :) *craig is pretty cute hehe* Anyways Im there to learn journalism no look at talent lol.

I got to sit in when Craig was reading the news at 10am, 11am and 12pm (he made a slight mistake on the midday one lol), he showed me how to edit and let me write a script up.

Then it was Laura's turn to mentor me and she was amazing, I told her why I wanted to do journalism and everything that I have done so far and she was socked but also pleased that I have done what I have done. She asked me if I wanted to go out in Markinch to see if I could get someone to talk about one of the stories that was breaking in Fife, so I did and got one, when I got back she asked me if I wanted to edit it and after a morning of Craig showing me how to and giving me pointers I thought why not, so I did AND she loved it, and it is being used on the 8am news tomorrow along with the Interview Laura did with someone.

I loved it today, Laura gave me some stuff to read and old press releases so I can get used to script writing :).

I CANT WAIT till tomorrow.

JaneC
28-07-10, 00:50
Sooperb - told you you would have a ball :yesyes:

StandFree1903
28-07-10, 23:52
Day Two (and last day) over - Laura was very pleased about my script writing and says I am a natural. She let me type them up and keep them, she also let me keep the two press releases to put into my portfolio.

I also did a wee demo, recorded myself reading a bulletin, I cant beleive how good I actually sounded (Laura said the same). Craig can't (and probably won't) beleive at how fast I can type lol (Higher Admin comes in handy hehe).

I have been advised by Laura that if I don't manage to get onto the HNC or HND I have applied for to try one of the BIGGER broadcast companies like STV, Forth FM, Tay FM etc.

I am just glad I managed to make Laura and Craig happy with my wanting to learn and my enthusiasm, even if the residents of Markinch wasn't when I had to interview a few of them (I had no takers today :weep:.).

But I think I can safely say I have finally started my dream and can't wait to complete it :).