PDA

View Full Version : new and trying to find out whats wrong

Jenfa
06-06-10, 21:20
hi I'm Jen,

I've been suffering heavily with panic attacks for 4 years or so. there isn't any real trigger for them, some days they are constant and i can't leave my house and some days they only happen once or twice, if i'm really lucky not at all.

It started with ibs, I kept having these "popping" sensations in my belly and i was scared that my internal organs were going to pop. (i feel so stupid typing that but if it happened again i would still think the exact same thing was happening) any way the fear became panic attacks causing me to have greater pains and greater attacks.

I've tried cbt and acupuncture some anti depressants and at the time they didn't really work for me and i didn't like my therapist and i went through a good spell where i didn't have as many so i left it. the past 6 months its slowly been building again with my inability to get a job and various other factors and I've been to see another doctor she signed me on the sick with anxiety, depression and ibs and i'm on some new medication, it evens me out abit, i don't get as high as i did or as low as i did but i feel tired all of the time and i still feel the fear and stress and pain rising but sometimes it doesn't turn into an attack

i want to as my new doctor for a proper diagnosis but i've spent so9 much time going to the doctors for trivial matters that i feel like i should except her diagnosis, i'm confused and question everything.

diane07
06-06-10, 21:23
Hi Jenfa

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.