PDA

View Full Version : Please reply!

Natalie x
07-06-10, 00:07
Hi. Earlier on i was checking my pulse and it felt as though i couldnt feel anything then all of a sudden i did. Has anyone else ever had this? Will my heart stop? Im terrified 2 go 2 sleep!

Kev1979
07-06-10, 00:12
where was you feeling your pulse? neck? wrist? ...

was you holding your breathe when doing it? ...

it wont have stopped so dont worry xx

Going home
07-06-10, 00:18
Sometimes you have to press quite hard on a pulse point to feel it and sometimes you don't, but it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with your heart. Put it this way, when you couldn't feel it did you think your heart had stopped? But it obviously didn't because you're still here :)

It might also just been a longer pause between beats...known as missed or skipped beats, but then you would probably have felt your heart doing this although not everyone feels them....lucky people! My hubby had his blood pressure taken and although these pauses were being recorded on the machine he didn't feel them and wouldn't have known it was happening unless he was taking his own pulse at the time.

Anna xxx

minnie h
07-06-10, 00:41
natalie hun if ur heart woz stopping u wud b passing out or u die! Honestly hun its just ur mind playin tricks.ur mind is so powerful! Stop checkin ur pulse.do a crossword,do anything wer u hav 2 use ur hands.stop worrying coz am 100% sure that ur heart is not stopping..maybe see ur gp n he wil tel u same az wot iv just said i promise u!!! :hugs: x x x x x

anthrokid
07-06-10, 13:18
Natalie :) Don't worry yourself, just breathe.
This happens to me all the time, I've always had a weak pulse and never really been able to feel it, but since my anxiety and panic has set in I started to freak out if I don't feel it and worry that my heart would stop. I spoke to my psych about it and he said it's perfectly normal not to be able to feel your heart beat and that it's nothing at all to worry about, just because you can't feel it doesn't mean it isn't working :) If your heart did stop beating you'd pass out before you worried too much.