PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with me? :(

Chloedemaret
07-06-10, 00:17
This has been happening for about six months now- Firstly, I stare into space for a while, then I start shaking and sweating and then I get a burning sensation in my head, it feels like my brains on fire, and then the room starts spinning and i start panicking and i have to splash my face with water or go somewhere cool. This is always happens when i go to public places like clubs etc, when i was on holiday it happened and i was really upset because i just wanted to have fun like a normal teenager! Also, alcohol triggers all of this, I haven't drank for 6 months. One day i had a drink, and all of the above began happening and ever since i cannot sip a drink, but it happens without drinking too. Please help it's really annoying and starting to depress me that i can't go out with my friends! :( :(

Kev1979
07-06-10, 00:20
does it happen when you dont drink booze?

maybe your just getting a little tispy easily when drinking? with a tad of anxiety on top of it?

Chloedemaret
07-06-10, 00:24
yeah it happens without booze too :/

Going home
07-06-10, 00:26
It does sound like a strong reaction to alcohol, some people cannot drink, they just cannot tolerate it, but if you say it also happens when you don't have a drink, what are you doing at these times that might trigger this?

Anna xxx

Kev1979
07-06-10, 00:28
Yeah its probably just a bit of anxiety then, its really nothing to worry about x

Chloedemaret
07-06-10, 00:29
Yeah, but the thing is, before this I used to be able to handle my drink really well, I could drink big amounts of all sorts of alcohol without anything bad happening, i was never a light-weight, i wasn't an alcoholic or anything but i'd occasionally go to parties where i would drink quite a lot, so that's why im so confused, did i drink so much that i made myself intolerant to it? i hope not! Well for example on holiday, me and my friend were greeted into a bar and we sat down and ordered cocktails, i took a sip and then immediately started shaking etc :/ xx

Going home
07-06-10, 00:47
Yes I think you have become intolerant to alcohol. The thing is with food or drink intolerance is that while you're having it on a regular basis you're keeping yourself topped up, so when you were drinking large amounts of alcohol your body would've got used to that and tolerated it even though the intolerance was there underneath, but after not drinking for a while even a small amount would make you react quite badly.

Its also often the grain that's in the alcohol that you're intolerant of...as in wheat, or barley, or malt etc. with wheat usually being the main suspect. I love vodka for example, but can't drink it because I react to it...it makes me feel really ill and hungover even if i only have one or two shots of it. I also love potatoes but get alot of stomach discomfort and bloating after ive eaten them and guess what? vodka is made from potatoes.

Anna xxx