PDA

View Full Version : Four weeks on Zispin

rambler
07-06-10, 12:57
I've been on zispin for four weeks. The first teo weeks at 15mg and this last two at 30mg. I'm still not finding any real effects on my mood. Does anyone know how long Zispin usually takes to have some effect. I feel as if I'm going mad!

Vixxy
07-06-10, 14:19
Ive always been told it can take 4-6 weeks to really make a change. Even then its only a small change that builds up daily.

JT69
07-06-10, 15:33
Hi Rambler,

Yes I agree with Vixxy...it can take at least 4-6 weeks and then it may just be a small difference, I would give it a couple more weeks but then if you dont notice much difference have a chat with your GP.

Jo.xx

ElizabethJane
07-06-10, 15:59
With all drugs your response to it depends on you as an individual. 30mg is regarded as a therapeutic dose and it will take a while up to a month or longer before you will feel any benefit from it. I know it is frustrating but I am walking proof that this drug works well as an anti depressant. I am currently taking 45mg but feel so well that I want to go down to 30mg. I would suggest that you listen to your body and just take small steps each day. Try not to over analyse your feelings and if you don't notice any improvement speak to your doctor.

rambler
07-06-10, 16:44
Thanks everyone for your replies. I think I'm becomming obsessed with Zispin. I was expecting some great results and they just arent happening.

KK77
07-06-10, 17:06
I know it's a pain and we naturally want quick results but these meds do sometimes take a long time to really kick in and make a difference. The next step if you're feeling like this is to go back to your doctor and increase to 45mg. If after a couple of weeks there's still no change, then it's time to come off them and look at another alternative. Don't give up hope. It might be that this med isn't for you but there are plenty more that could help.