PDA

View Full Version : here i go again yet another cancer worry

constantworrier418
07-06-10, 17:12
Just when I think I'm getting over my current cancer worry, another one seems to come along and I'm right back to the anxiety and fear.

Was putting on make up this morning and noticed a freckle which looks darker than I recall, its quite small and I do recall it being there before but as usual cannot commit myself to this. I absolutely hate this feeling I wish I could get over this - has anyone got any advice?

stacy1912
07-06-10, 18:08
no advice really just wanted to let you no you are not alone! I have convinced myself I have had cancer of a variety of body parts during the last two weeks!! Always cancer never just indigestion!! I am waiting to see a NHS psychologist in a couple of weeks to start CBT. Keep trying to tame the thoughts and one day their power will fade, take care x x

hope1213
08-06-10, 00:09
Hey everybody,

I am new to the site, I just joined today. I know how you feel constantworrier418 i think that every on-going pain or symptom is a sign of cancer. I think it is in overdrive at the minute due to the fact that a very close elderly relative of mine (not in my immediate family) has just recently been diagnosed with terminal cancer. I am starting to drive my friends and family mad! At the moment I think i have breast cancer. i am 22 and have red dry skin on my nipple, with a little yellow discharge- and I have convinced myself that I have breast cancer and that I will die soon. I have been to my gp and a breast clinic- they have carried out physical examinations and don't seem worried- but I still am and I am going back. I feel like it is taken over my life. Any tips to help with my anxiety? I spend hours on the internet diagnosing my illness- some nights I don't sleep. Any help would be greatly appreciated.xxx

constantworrier418
08-06-10, 06:43
The one thing I don't do anymore which has helped is go on the internet - it really doesn't help, if anything it just makes the worry worse. No matter how tempted you are you need to stop now - it won't help and will only fuel your anxiety.

I think you are right to go back as its clearly worrying you and there has to be a reason for the symptons your are experiencing although it sounds as if the dr's are confident its not cancer. Whenever I go to the dr's I always make it clear that its cancer I am worrying about and if you're still not satisfied after your next visit I would see another dr if you can as for your own piece of mind you need to know.

xx