PDA

View Full Version : advice needed....

clairelouis
07-06-10, 17:21
Hi, im a new member to this site, and was after some advice. it all started 2mths ago when i had my first ever attack- intially thinking its a heart attack. after numerous ecgs, chest xrays, tests- everything came back clear, ive finally admitted to myself that i am experiencing anxiety/panic attacks. im letting these attacks take over my life as im constantly in fear of having the next one. i would very much appreciate any tips on how to manage these? and also if anyone has seen a hypnotheropist to try and help? thanks so much:yesyes:

Justme71
07-06-10, 17:55
Hiya Claire - I'm also a new member, having only joined last week. As you'll see, there's lots of us on here all experiencing very similar symptoms to what you're also going through.

There's a lot of material to read on here, both on the site and the forums too, which I've found very helpful. I've been taking bits at a time, so as not to feel too overwhelmed by everything.

I haven't tried hypnotherapy before, but would be very interested to see/hear from anyone who has and how they got on.

This last few days, I've been saying to myself 'okay, these attacks aren't dangerous and I can deal with them when they do happen', rather than fearing 'what if I have one' and it's helping me a bit.

I think talking is good as well, whether it be here or on another forum or to friends and family too. Do you find talking helps at all?