PDA

View Full Version : chest x ray.

zippy
07-06-10, 17:54
when you go for a chest xray and they tell you to wait in the cubicle afterwards until they check the x ray, if there was something on it would they take another? I asked her if she could tell me anything and she said no it will get sent to my gp today and make an appointment next week. I thought why next week and not this week!!!!

zippy
07-06-10, 19:18
no one any info on chest x rays?

Kirst24
07-06-10, 19:34
Usually it takes at least a week for results of any sort of scan etc to be sent to GP and for them to have results. It has taken longer for ultrasound scans that I have had. If there was anything found which was urgent they wouldn't be taking their time over it so I wouldn't worry.

Kirst xx

countrygirl
07-06-10, 22:20
If you have to wait a week for results then yippee that means nothing terrible was seen. Two examples from personal experience as follows - friends son had pneumonia and was sent to xray by GP - he never left hospital as he was rushed through to A&E straight from xray and spent long time in intensive care but is now well - mothers friend had lung cancer and xray was taken one day and next day her Gp was knocking on her door- so if you don't hear from your GP in 24 hrs then almost certainly nothing very serious has shown up.

Ella_Jayne
07-06-10, 22:29
They only ask you to wait in the cubicle to see if they got a good xray (meaning clear) if they didn't then they would ask you to have another one. They don't actually look for any imperfections, that's the doctors job. As for the results, they take time if you've had one via GP referal, usually a week or 2 but if they seen anything that needed immediate attention then they would be in contact sooner.

shell24
08-06-10, 12:01
Hi
Ella Jayne is correct. They only ask you to wait to make sure it was a clear and good xray. They do not tell you anything until the doctor reports on it which can take up tp a few days in some cases. Im sure everything is fine.

sarah jayne
08-06-10, 13:53
xrays can take over a week to get back to the doctor. You should only be worried if they get back to you sooner. xx